Ant McPartlin

Soldato
What has mental health issues got to do with drink driving? Drinking yes, driving no.

I've had mental health issues all my adult life, I've suffered some extreme stress and loss this last year, I've drunk myself silly over it....I didn't drive while inebriated

Soldato
What has mental health issues got to do with drink driving? Drinking yes, driving no.

I've had mental health issues all my adult life, I've suffered some extreme stress and loss this last year, I've drunk myself silly over it....I didn't drive while inebriated

I think it's the new excuse for being a dick. I know a few people who suffer from different mental issues and, to the best of my knowledge, not one as ever drove when drunk - and one is a major alcoholic. Same as it used to be dyslexia for poor grammar on forums and autism/Aspergers when some numpty gets caught hacking into something they shouldn't. It's just easy to blame it on mental health as the majority will not dare criticise these days for fear of offending and getting locked up by the Twitter/Facebook 'hate crime' police.

Soldato
I don't watch these programs, but I'll tell you now they aren't popular because these 2 present them, they're just generic presenters filling a role. There's nothing special about them at all.

HOLD ON!!

We've an armchair expert here!! Let's listen!!

Soldato
It is very sad.

Then again, if I was involved with presenting TV shows that add no value to society, promote demoralisation of humans and act as a method for stupid people to spend their evenings, I would probably drink too.

Soldato
It is very sad.

Then again, if I was involved with presenting TV shows that add no value to society, promote demoralisation of humans and act as a method for stupid people to spend their evenings, I would probably drink too.

Lol, how much value do you add to society compared to them then?

Soldato
Tbh I preferred them when they were PJ & Duncan. They were more of a dance act back then. When they became Ant & Dec, they became a manufactured boy band.

I didn't even realise that was them. To be honest, I don't think I have ever watched anything they have done (for more than a couple of mins) and until this accident couldn't of told you which was which. (And I'm 47 :p)

Soldato
They are good presenters. Each year they clean up with awards. Doesn't matter if you don't like them, millions do, and they are good at their jobs.

That said, I really hope he gets some help as if not, he will end up like gazza.

Soldato

People make very bad decisions while suffering mental health issues, people make bad decisions due to alcohol, just because you didn't doesn't mean that it's not a possibility. You only have to look at suicide as a prime example of this. It's a bad decision made at a moment in life where the person is at one of the lowest points possible and chances are, if they could hold on longer they'd pass through that feeling and be thankful they didn't make it.

As for the situation with Ant, I'm not a fan of the pair and he's made a completely stupid decision for someone so in the public eye, but, that doesn't mean it's the end of anything. Look at Robert Downey Jr and his history with drugs/prison. Celebrities can and do turn their lives around.

I personally wish him all the best in his recovery and hope that he gets and stays clean, that he makes it through the bad times. No doubt once he is clean he'll be making amends with the little girl and the people involved in the accident.

Back
Top Bottom