Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
Here are some shots I took. Ubi team did a good job on the engine, assets and optimization. Shame the story and structure is so terrible, but still a fun game.

farcry5_2018_04_12_186nulu.png

farcry5_2018_04_08_226mrzy.png

farcry5_2018_04_08_1781u64.png
farcry5_2018_04_02_229kutv.png

farcry5_2018_04_02_18r5s7c.png

Soldato
I am on my second playthough but this time taking my time and trying to do all the side missions and the driving challenges though I have given up on the plane as I just cannot fly it. I have also discovered that the wingsuit does not handle as well as it did in Far Cry 4 when I had a bit of fun seeing how far I could fly and stuff as in this.

Associate
I am on my second playthough but this time taking my time and trying to do all the side missions and the driving challenges though I have given up on the plane as I just cannot fly it. I have also discovered that the wingsuit does not handle as well as it did in Far Cry 4 when I had a bit of fun seeing how far I could fly and stuff as in this.

Epic! Makes me want to play FC4 again :)

Soldato
in Far Cry 4 when I had a bit of fun seeing how far I could fly and stuff as in this.

Yes, I found the wingsuit on FC4 epic and it popped up saying that I'd beaten player XXXXX and got a new record run at one time starting from a helicopter at maximum height, tapping the back button whilst flying seemed to make a huge difference as I recall

Soldato
Yes, I found the wingsuit on FC4 epic and it popped up saying that I'd beaten player XXXXX and got a new record run at one time starting from a helicopter at maximum height, tapping the back button whilst flying seemed to make a huge difference as I recall
What I found annoying was where I was jumping from was nowhere near a save point so it was a right pain to get myself back up to the high point. There was a tall building I was trying to pas right though but position had to be spot on or instant death.
Might go back one day, the wing-suit in FC5 is not nearly so controllable.

Soldato
Fantastic looking game, but... can anyone explain to me why it's worth £50?

I just can't see it myself, they seem to have taken the FarCry franchise the same way as COD has gone - similar gameplay and situations, and nothing really new or exciting as far as I can tell

Soldato
Live event 2 finished in 10mins. It's a roadkill event where you can kill cultists or animals with a vehicle. Since the former doesn't exist in my game, I just drove around killing cows and bullts. You get a lovely reskinned ATV for the prize :/

These 'events' are so dull and uninspired but its something to do post game completion.

Soldato
Anyone else notice the political garbage? The little hints and jibes got me rolling my eyes a bit, I play games to get away from the real world, and the ending was just pointless and unsatisfactory.

It did surprise me so they get points for that I guess.

The game itself is fun though. Significantly better than FC4 and Blood Dragon. Montana setting saved the day.

But why does Ubisoft STILL insist on stuffing their games with pointless collectible BS? This game is extreme, there is not one collectible, or two, but SIX (to my count) different collectibles, each with 10 or so pieces to find, then there are so many boring busywork quests “destroy X amount of Y”…

I appreciate that they did try to improve some things but all this stuff is so…I hate to say it…lazy.

“But it is optional!”

No, boring busywork nonsense should not be in games regardless of its optionality.

Blood Dragon was amazing :D But yea too many pointless side filler missions.

Last edited:
Associate
If you want a game that is enjoyable then Far Cry 5 will 100% do that, it does have its issues like the AI is terrible in parts! But there is always so much going on and you don't really ever stop fighting , Its cool that they have added pets to the game that will help you on your adventure I really like that part. only 6 hours in but really enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom