Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
Just got to the mountains area which imo is the best looking part of the game truly breathtaking. Catching salmon and taking in the views, show me a more immersive game

It's making me want to visit Montana, well apart from the bears :D

Soldato
I think I'm playing this game completely wrong! Almost played 9 hours, story progression is 28 and I've yet to come across a mission which offers me a dog or a bear! I did clear out Fang animal park during open-play and not as part of a mission.

Soldato
After reading of each the areas becoming devoid of enemies after being forced to confront and then kill a boss I totally avoided going after the first one - John Seed,
when the Mission 'John seed invites you to meet him' etc popped up I didn't follow it but deselected it in the mission list. I've now been able to go all over the map at my leisure, doing side missions and story missions and I've just taken the last outpost of Faith but no option to confront her has appeared yet.
I checked that I can activate the John Seed one anytime and it works so I'm leaving it for longer to see what happens. If it borks the games ending I'm not bothered as from what i heard it's a let down so I'm enjoying playing the game my way. I've also avoided some of the recent attempts to drag me into one of the annoying capture/drugged up parts by quickly loading the map & moving far away.

Soldato
From what I do recall - John Seed's boss encounter isn't a forced one like the others so that'll work to your advantage for a while.

Whilst roaming around the countryside hunting animals for money I realised something. Since I finished the game ages ago I haven't at all seen darkness. I'm not sure if this is by design or a 'ubisoft bug' lol :o

Soldato
From what I do recall - John Seed's boss encounter isn't a forced one like the others so that'll work to your advantage for a while.

Whilst roaming around the countryside hunting animals for money I realised something. Since I finished the game ages ago I haven't at all seen darkness. I'm not sure if this is by design or a 'ubisoft bug' lol :o

It is a bug but you have it the best way as according to Ubisoft forums there are complaints of the game stuck in permanent night mode, Ubisoft are looking into a fix

Soldato
Ubisoft forums report that if you are stuck in the darkness to go right to the edge of the map & keep walking/ flying till the game kicks you back & respawns you, daylight should start after a few minutes, if not repeat it

Soldato
Just finished. Hah the ending is the only thing worth a damn in this game, story-wise. It is dumb as hell, but at least it is somewhat interesting.
Or maybe I just like apocalyptic endings.

I usually dislike and disagree with John Walker, but this ain’t one of those cases. The game is so bad when it comes to both story structure and actual writing, it is kind of impressive that they released it like this.

The game itself is fun though. Significantly better than FC4 and Blood Dragon. Montana setting saved the day.

But why does Ubisoft STILL insist on stuffing their games with pointless collectible BS? This game is extreme, there is not one collectible, or two, but SIX (to my count) different collectibles, each with 10 or so pieces to find, then there are so many boring busywork quests “destroy X amount of Y”…

I appreciate that they did try to improve some things but all this stuff is so…I hate to say it…lazy.

“But it is optional!”

No, boring busywork nonsense should not be in games regardless of its optionality.

Associate
I'm getting constant crashes atm with this and I have no idea why! Something about "fatal application error" or "unknown file version", I suspect it might be to do with me running SLI 970's @ 1440P.

Stoner81.

Soldato
Having a bit trouble, spoilers onward.

I killed faith, then had a "back lit" black screen which I thought was a cutscene but music still played. I could alt tab so it wasn't a crash, any ideas..?

Back
Top Bottom