Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/

Big fan of all their chilli sauces. The original red one is fantastic on absolutely everything. Not mega spicy but delicious.

For insanely hot sauces I find they’re better when added to things like marinades and chilli con carne rather than straight up! I’ve got some mad dog 357 and it’s great in chilli, to add heat but as others have said it’s acually a bit bland.

Soldato
I met the guy that runs HotPods at Ripley farmer's market. Tried all the sauces - really good :) Link: http://hotpodschilliproducts.com/hotpodsshop
Unbranded Infantry - good kick and great taste. Had a bottle of this :D one of my faves
Guardian fermented source - not sweet and has a decent kick, got a bottle of it after tasting which is sat to follow on from the bottle of UI.
Quarantine - had a taste of this, good onion
with a kick

Also he does pickles too but they're not on the shop site - I have a jar of awesome Indian Pickle :D

This is the Naga peach sauce.. it's sweet but don't let that fool you .. banging flavour and heat that works on anything - toast to meats: https://www.cottagedelight.co.uk/naga-chilli-sauce.html

Soldato
My favorite supplier seems to have shut up shop sadly (cambridge chilli sauce co). They had a great selection of flavours and styles as well as heat ranging from medium to extreme. I'm on my last bottle of Ghost 10 sauce :(

Associate
Grabbed a bottle of Srircha and Wasabi sauce from Tesco, quite nice.

Also grabbed Meatlust's Ghost Chili sauce (very disappointed with this, barely any heat) and Encona West Indian's Carolina Reaper sauce (not bad, but it could be hotter for what it is).

My favourite is a bottle of scotch bonnet (I don't remember the brand) that I grabbed from ASDA years ago, haven't seen it again since, hottest and best tasting hot sauce I've had.

Soldato
I love all kinds of chilli sauces but my go to at the moment is the Tesco scotch bonnet and papaya one. Not overly spicy but had a great taste and goes with most things.

Associate
I got the Edinburgh Preserves Hot & Spicy Sauces pack and they are all really pretty tasty, though not particularly hot. I was expecting the Naga chili sauce to be painful but it didn't seem that hot, considering they claim it is a million scovilles. It didn't seem much hotter than most of the others to be honest. That's not a complaint from me, I prefer flavour over heat, and they are all very nice, I had just prepared myself for more of a kick. If you just want the heat though it might not be for you. My personal favourite is the jalepeno one.

Soldato
Grabbed a bottle of Srircha and Wasabi sauce from Tesco, quite nice.

Also grabbed Meatlust's Ghost Chili sauce (very disappointed with this, barely any heat) and Encona West Indian's Carolina Reaper sauce (not bad, but it could be hotter for what it is).

My favourite is a bottle of scotch bonnet (I don't remember the brand) that I grabbed from ASDA years ago, haven't seen it again since, hottest and best tasting hot sauce I've had.

I got the wasabi srircha, as expected the garlic still overpowers everything, but it's ok. Concur about the Meatlust one - not hot at all. Tried their Buffalo one and that's got this weird aftertaste that isn't good. The Katsu one isn't hot at all but at least a bit different (fruity). Always like trying supermarket sauces but feel like I'm going to have to branch out into indy ones to actually get heat+flavour.

Soldato

I always have a few of the Doc's sauces in, he's a top bloke. Psycho Juice 70% Scorpion sauce is an easy way to add some decent heat to anything, as are the Psycho Drops (extract). The Psycho Spice Ghost Pepper powder is very good also, probably one of the best value face-melters around. I've had mine for ages and use it quite often.

Soldato
I picked this up at the weekend. Not the hottest by a long way but being made in Jamaica I hope it's tasty. I'm going to marinade some chicken in it later and see what it's like.

eatons.jpg

5FvNhII

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom