Dilemma, (KS7000 refund)

Soldato
OP
#theoledgrassisgreener.

nonetheless RS can legitimately impose a pro-rata refund on use you have had, apparently 20% chez curry's p/a (what % of the perceived value is the iot hub)
Actually, No they can't, not in the case of miss-selling.

Full credit or full cash refund

Soldato
OP
Well that was easy, fair play to Richer Sounds. Dropped my Samsung off, nice new shiny 2018 LG OLED due tomorrow :)

Thanks again Eliot!
That's awesome nice one, In someways its good you paid full price at the time as obviously it dictated what you can get now :p

RS were great and I will makes sure I always buy my TV's from there

Which exact model you go for?

Soldato
Link to the JL web archive: https://web.archive.org/web/2016052...n-now-branch-feet-design-uhd-premium/p2695300

""Control Your Connected Home With SmartThings Extend
Developed alongside SmartThings, Samsung’s SUHD TV will have built-in software to let you do anything from switching on your lights to locking your doors**. It will connect to over 200 SmartThings compatible devices and put your home under complete wireless control – all from your TV. This way, you’ll be able to set the right scene in your living room without getting off the sofa. Please note that this feature is coming soon."

**With free Samsung SmartThings Extend USB adapter available within 2016, additional purchase necessary to connect other appliances to the TV.

Soldato
Yikes.. this would be cheeky as I've been pretty happy with my ks8000 but I also have a lot of smart home stuff it would be cool to be able to use the TV to control it..

Anyone planning to/already attempted this with crampton and Moore?

Associate
Yikes.. this would be cheeky as I've been pretty happy with my ks8000 but I also have a lot of smart home stuff it would be cool to be able to use the TV to control it..

Anyone planning to/already attempted this with crampton and Moore?

Just try it Matt, nothing to lose by sending an email. I had a few issues with my KS8000, some characteristic to LCD in general but then other annoyances also. Good riddance, I’d never buy Samsung again.

Soldato
Just try it Matt, nothing to lose by sending an email. I had a few issues with my KS8000, some characteristic to LCD in general but then other annoyances also. Good riddance, I’d never buy Samsung again.

What were your issues? And I definitely would but then I get a fairly hefty discount now which I didn't when I bought it :)

Associate
What were your issues? And I definitely would but then I get a fairly hefty discount now which I didn't when I bought it :)

Some of these issues you might relate to, some not....

* Stuttering/juddering on BBC channels, almost like the image slows down and then catches up (tried both freeview and freesat, also had new aerial installed but never did fix it)
* Light bleed on lower portion of frame
* Not permanently outputting surround audio via ARC, had to keep going in to menu to reset audio everytime I watched a movie
* The smarthub menu sometimes (every other time maybe) didnt always close fully and would leave a faint grey bar on lower screen, had to reopen and close again to clear it
* Inherent to LCD, but after previusly owning plasma the horrible ghosting on black backgrunds from white text subtitles or logos etc was god awful
* Terrible support/updates from Samsung which could have easily fixed some of those issues above

At its best though, great image quality on bright, vivid movies/games :)

Soldato
Ah right, I have sky q, don't use arc and didn't notice the rest, in fact coming from a plasma with a burned in sky pause logo it was nice not to have any ghost images.

That said, I'd never look an upgrade gifthorse in the mouth, the smartthings thing is irritating.

Soldato
Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've got a Samsung JS9000 TV, the previous generation to the KS series. Unfortunately, over the last few months a fault has developed and continued to get worse, to the point where I contacted Richer Sounds regarding a repair or replacement under the five year guarantee. The fault is known as 'flashlighting', where the edge-lit LED array on the left and right of the sreen starts to shine through.

Richer Sounds have offered me a panel replacement, but I've got it on good authority that Samsung no longer manufacture or stock new panels for the JS-series TVs, so I'm definitely going to get a refurbished panel that's been taken out of another customer's returned JS-series TV and refurbished to be used in another TV. I'm not very happy with the resolution they've offered. I'm concerned that I might get a panel that's just as bad, or worse, or that a refurbished panel could be quite likely to develop a similar fault in the future. I know I'm not entitled to a replacement set, but I've heard that other people have had success with Richer Sounds by digging their heels in and insisting on a replacement rather than a repair. What would you guys do in my situation?

Permabanned
Seems some people are having a bit of joy with JL, though I have not, they keep palming me off with a SmartThings hub.

I've resent them another reply armed with more information

I've even asked for credit and not a refund.

Permabanned
and theres me about to buy a ks7000 on ebay... Is it that bad, it literally will be used for sky Q and xbox one x. I wont be using any of the smart features other then stream films from pc to tv.

Permabanned
The KS range is excellent but Samsung promised us purchaser's HLG, HDR10+ and SmartThings but they will all never appear.

The main thing is the SmartThings compatibility, which all the retailers advertised.

As for the TV, it's great for gaming etc and if you can pick one up for a good price and not bothered about about the above.

Soldato
OP
Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've got a Samsung JS9000 TV, the previous generation to the KS series. Unfortunately, over the last few months a fault has developed and continued to get worse, to the point where I contacted Richer Sounds regarding a repair or replacement under the five year guarantee. The fault is known as 'flashlighting', where the edge-lit LED array on the left and right of the sreen starts to shine through.

Richer Sounds have offered me a panel replacement, but I've got it on good authority that Samsung no longer manufacture or stock new panels for the JS-series TVs, so I'm definitely going to get a refurbished panel that's been taken out of another customer's returned JS-series TV and refurbished to be used in another TV. I'm not very happy with the resolution they've offered. I'm concerned that I might get a panel that's just as bad, or worse, or that a refurbished panel could be quite likely to develop a similar fault in the future. I know I'm not entitled to a replacement set, but I've heard that other people have had success with Richer Sounds by digging their heels in and insisting on a replacement rather than a repair. What would you guys do in my situation?
I might be wrong here, but I believe the refund for miss-selling I did may also be a route for you

Back
Top Bottom