Dilemma, (KS7000 refund)

Associate
I need to speak to JL tech support this morning, as are the wishes of JL CS.

I'm amazed that people are allowed to swap it for a B7, as that doesn't have a 'Smartthings', which is the whole point of the complaint.

I had a giggle with one of the lads in Richer Sounds when I was returning mine, something resembling...

Richer: How about the new 2018 Samsung, that has Smartthings?
Me: Nah not really bothered about Smartthings, I’ll take the LG C8 thanks
Richer: *grins and rolls eyes*

I did ask out of curiosity who’s pocket the return would come from - Richer or Samsung. Richer get credited from Samsung, so at least I know theyre not out of pocket.

Associate
JL Tech support agreed they can't help, passed me back to CS who are reviewing the case and will call me tomorrow or Tuesday. I suggested the B7 as a replacement.

Sounds good mate. Just remember that your starting position is that legally you are entitled to a refund, therefore you can find some compromise with JL in accepting the B7 or anything else you wanted. Hopefully you wont have a fight and its an easy transaction just like mine was.

Soldato
JL Tech support agreed they can't help, passed me back to CS who are reviewing the case and will call me tomorrow or Tuesday. I suggested the B7 as a replacement.

If you don't have any luck, go direct to store - the customer service team aren't employed by JL, they're outsourced, and often provide very different levels of customer service.

When I worked for JL, we had numerous complaints about them, but always sorted them in store. We made sure no one walked away unhappy

Associate
Been watching this thread with interest, i purchased a KS7500 from JL earlier this year. Now the tv is amazing, been happy with the PQ and great for gaming etc. One of the reasons i bought it was the possible Smartthings integration and the supposed updates for HLG and HDR10+, but knowing these won't be now added by Smasung and they've stopped supporting the tv i'm wondering if i should try this route and go for an OLED.

Associate
Been watching this thread with interest, i purchased a KS7500 from JL earlier this year. Now the tv is amazing, been happy with the PQ and great for gaming etc. One of the reasons i bought it was the possible Smartthings integration and the supposed updates for HLG and HDR10+, but knowing these won't be now added by Smasung and they've stopped supporting the tv i'm wondering if i should try this route and go for an OLED.

Do it mate, the LG C8 blows my KS8000 out of the water in image quality and general user experience.

Soldato
OP
Agree,

It's hard to look back when you have a TV which is correctly recognising all 3 forms of HDR.

Blacks night vs day as well.
And you can get in on the iPlayer World Cup trial too :)

Associate
Have just been given the go ahead to return to Richer Sounds for full refund or store credit of my 49KS7000. Can't decide if I want to spend the full £900 on a new TV or go for a cheaper one and throw in a Denon AVRX2400. Sadly can only add £100 to make it £1000

Soldato
This may seem like an odd question but does anyone know how to find the archive of crampton and moore's 65" KS8000 page? I'm getting more tempted and I'll no doubt require some proof they advertised it as a feature.

Can't work it out at all.. searching the internet archive seems to be the slowest thing you can do on the internet so I assume I'm doing it wrong..

Associate
If I try this would probably look at going for a B7 as can only afford to pay so much extra. Was hard enough persuading the wife to buy a new tv in the first place, let alone to exchange it +£500 for another one lol.

Soldato
Did you have any luck with this? Considering doing the same for my 55" ks7000 due to smartthings, HLG and frustration getting the smart remote to remember my amp/xbox!

(I really like the smart remote otherwise)
Would the q6f be the best replacement? Considering going from 55" to 65".

Also considering this (would it be a downgrade in IQ? )
https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-brav...freeview-play-cable-management-black/p3245971

Soldato
JL aren't being very helpful with me, passing me from Customer Services to Technical Support, despite me telling them that Tech Support cannot help (I've already spoken to them). I was on the phone to them for an hour yesterday with no resolution.

Associate
Did you have any luck with this? Considering doing the same for my 55" ks7000 due to smartthings, HLG and frustration getting the smart remote to remember my amp/xbox!

(I really like the smart remote otherwise)
Would the q6f be the best replacement? Considering going from 55" to 65".

Also considering this (would it be a downgrade in IQ? )
https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-brav...freeview-play-cable-management-black/p3245971

Not tried it yet, from looking at other posts Richer Sounds seem to be more accommodating than JL with this, so could be a battle. Going to try and pay the extra and push to the LG B7 rather than another Sammy, just got to convince the wife. :D

Edit: Has anyone penned an email to JL regarding this, as I'm shocking at this sort of stuff and wondering if anyone has one I can use as a template?

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone penned an email to JL regarding this, as I'm shocking at this sort of stuff and wondering if anyone has one I can use as a template?

Mine served me well...

21/06/2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: [Surname]/Richer Sounds-Samsung UE65KS8000

I purchased the Samsung UE65KS8000 from Richer Sounds. At the point of purchase I paid £2499.00 on 18th August 2016.

The Samsung UE65KS8000 is not as described. Prior, during and after me purchasing this particular television Richer Sounds advertised that:

“Samsung SUHD TVs are IOT ready and allow you to create your very own SmartThings ecosystem

Experience a new world of possibilities as Samsung's SUHD TVs enable you to create your very own SmartThings ecosystem. With a wide variety of sensors and inputs work harmoniously with your TV you can control everything from lighting to heating, monitor your baby sleeping or check homework is being done all directly controllable from your SUHD TV.”

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20161123075349/http://www.richersounds.com:80/product/tv---all/samsung/ue65ks8000/sams-ue65ks8000

Ads your website stated that the television was IOT ready and yet Samsung have not enabled this feature and furthermore, since now officially confirmed they are not releasing the dongle to enable this feature they have misrepresented the capability of the television.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Richer Sounds that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 6 years I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be refunded or exchanged at no further cost to me.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

[Name]

Soldato
avforum threads proposed an interesesting view on JL's stance - because, for them, Samsung had not agreeed to pay any reimbursement,
jl want a test/president legal case, from a consumer, to decide what they might owe.

Avforums has draft letters, where supposedly, consumers are demanding payment for their time/costs pursuing their consumer rights. £30p/hr

Back
Top Bottom