Dilemma, (KS7000 refund)

Soldato
No response. I emailed them saying I wasnt happy with how this was being treated, no response. Filled out a grumpy feedback survey. Might have to kick up a stink on social media. That usually gets things in motion. Don't like being that person though.

Actually got a reply from them this morning, stating that because it's more than 35 days since purchase that there wasn't anything they could do. I know this is bull but I'm in a slightly tricky position because I'm not the original owner either. I will however be getting it repaired because of stuttering and the back panel coming off.

Associate
Actually got a reply from them this morning, stating that because it's more than 35 days since purchase that there wasn't anything they could do. I know this is bull but I'm in a slightly tricky position because I'm not the original owner either. I will however be getting it repaired because of stuttering and the back panel coming off.
That's rubbish. You need to speak to someone else.
You're not wanting to return it under their returns policy, because it's unwanted (35 days).
You want to return it because you were mis-sold

Associate
Saw this thread and gave it a read. Interesting concept as far as the TV goes I am happy with the quality. I am concerned that it is no where near as future proof as I was lead the believe however isn't it just the Samsung software that lets us down? If we have a Blu-Ray player or say Firestick then isn't it irrelevant from a hardware point of view?

My mates PS4 plays HDR completely fine - As do my Blu Rays?

Associate
Yeah, I may go for a 49" Sony XF90
Fair enough. Annoyingly I got my TV on Black Friday so the trade in value simply isn't that high - To get a real upgrade I'd want to push into the LG B7 otherwise it's a sidestep.

Only note on the Sony XF90 is that it's input lag is quite high if I remember correctly.

Associate
Fair enough. Annoyingly I got my TV on Black Friday so the trade in value simply isn't that high - To get a real upgrade I'd want to push into the LG B7 otherwise it's a sidestep.

Only note on the Sony XF90 is that it's input lag is quite high if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I bought mine in a sale too, so I'm having to put a fair few quid to it for the upgrade.

Unfortunately OLED for TV is out of the question for me unless they can solve the burn in issues without me having to baby the panel.

From what I can gather the input lag on the XF90 is higher with a 1080p signal (around 40ms) due to the scaling, but with a native 4k signal it's in the 20's.

[edit] rtings tested the x900f and found 1080p, 120hz gave input lag of 12.9 ms
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f

I've confirmed with RS this morning that the new TV and soundbar I've been looking at are in stock and I'll probably be popping over to Liverpool at the weekend to do the exchange.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I went to RS yesterday to return my UE43KS7500UXXU and ended up walking out with a Sony KD55XF9005BU, a Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar and SA-Z9R rear speakers.
I didn't have a lot of time to play around yesterday and I'm not sure if it's a bit too big, but initial impressions are pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom