Fortnite Battle Royale

Soldato
I reshuffled mine a few weeks ago too, not played a hell of a lot since but currently:

Q - Wall
E - Stairs (or side mouse button)
C - Floor
X - Roof
Z - Trap etc (or side mouse button)
G - Edit
Tab - Map

I've also made the weapons from 1+ instead of pick axe being 1 (it was, right?) and made selection for weapon slot 2 (generally my shotgun or SMG depending) as middle mouse button. Just helps a little to change in a fight.

I would've liked to shift it all over from WASD to ESDF for the extra button access but muscle memory for the past 17 years of PC gaming is bloody hard to break!

I have noticed it a bit better with Q/E for the main builds, i'd have liked to utilise F as a lot of players do, but too many years of F as Use has stopped that!

Haven't played a hell of a lot the last few weeks but getting back into it, so anyone I haven't already got;

Epic ID: syke-

Soldato
The shotguns are almost game breaking for some people in this I'd think, myself included. Damage is almost to the point of RNG. One minute it's a headshot, the next it's average damage and the next it's 7 damage when most pellets hit the body. The spam of the p90 and nerf to buildings doesn't help and every other squad game results in 2 or more default skins, some of who are barely able to move, let alone shoot.

Soldato
Should definitely not stutter, my lad plays it on a 3 gig 7970 and it is smooth. Not a demanding game at all.

To be honest best way to learn is just to youtube some beginner vids, then get into playground (no fill) and practice building some basic structures and mess around with the guns. After that, its jump early for some mad blazing and a quick respawn or late for the more strategic longer game. Problem is with Fortnite, I am not sure whether there is a ranking system at all in game, you stand the chance of running into players who will build circles round you. Its a lot of fun once you are up and running and theres always a couple of game modes to try. Current fave for me is the golden game where every weapon is a gold rated wep. Kind of evens the field a little.

Associate
I've had a go at this, bit crap at playing it, performance wise also seems to stutter quite a bit? Any pointers on this game? I really don't know what I'm doing lol
Agreed with Devlish on the stuttering - the only time I get any hitches is on the starting island or when dropping in sometimes, once I'm 'on the ground' everything is dead smooth though.

Playground is a good place to learn some basic building mechanics... otherwise, I would honestly just drop into highly-popular area's and fight it out with people - nothing to lose if you die, just queue up again & repeat :)

Soldato
I've had a go at this, bit crap at playing it, performance wise also seems to stutter quite a bit? Any pointers on this game? I really don't know what I'm doing lol
Accept that aiming is really wonky. You either get it or you don't (I dont) but for some reason that's not really the draw of the game. For me anyway...

I enjoy 50v50s the most rather than solos. Squads is 9/10 terrible if your filling but you do find the odd good team that doesnt suicide within the first 2 minutes and when you do your pretty much win the game.

Soldato
It's free, you can buy a season pass for a tenner which rewards you with progression based skins and dances and pointless stuff and you can get cosmetics, but you don't need to. It makes no difference to the gameplay. It's mostly important to the 12 year olds and other epeens who need to perform the loser dance after they kill you, but you only see it if you're curious and spectate them.

Soldato
Might have to get it installed on my Xbox One, or maybe PS4, not sure. Does anyone play it on PC with a controller? I'm glad it's free, I've been wanting some free games lately. This guy next to me at work his son knows all the dances apparently :p

Soldato
I still suck at this but enjoy 50v50 as i have a team to help me. Steadily getting better and had my best ever game today, got 5 kills and 8 assists in a round when i normally top out at a couple of kills.

I'm just so poor compared to the kids in the twitch/short range frantic scraps :p

Associate
I had a update for this at about the same time i installed a new Nvidia driver and now its not running well, anyone else have a stuttering/laggy feel to the game?

Just trying to find out if its a problem my end.

Soldato
still don't get it tried playing it and was bored to tears in 5 minutes. boys love it though for some reason,

really should install Unreal tournament on their machines and school them in a proper FPS

Back
Top Bottom