Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
They have now taken away the "lowest price for each" option which has annoyed me to no end. I find even though I have Prime I am only buying stuff that is the lowest it has ever been or price errors, as the majority of the things I have needed at the time have been more expensive.

Associate
Amazon is my go to shop for most things so prime is still worth it for me. Get next day on 90% of my orders which is fine. Prime video is worth it aswell as I like some of the shows and have just dropped Sky Movies so will get my movie fix there.

Soldato
More Amazon Prime ranting...

Ordered a couple of items to my local “Amazon Locker” that was due today - now due 27 Sept - 1 Oct. Reason given? Not enough locker space available. What an absolute joke Amazon Deliveries are :( It should have said “We accidentally over sold deliveries to this locker”.

The deliveries from Amazon have massively deteriorated in recent months - Really disappointing :(

Prime Cancelled!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One thing that is annoying me a bit - in the past few weeks I've had several friends/family come to me because they've bought Windows 10 as fulfilled by Amazon and at close to or the full price (not like £10-20 or something) where the key has been blocked by MS or is just plain invalid - complete with what appears to be the original, unopened packaging with USB stick and certificate. But there is no proper way to report the seller(s) to Amazon (especially as I haven't bought from them personally) and while they are closing them down pretty quickly they just pop up under a new name (but obviously the same seller) a few hours later - repeat a few more people going through the same thing before Amazon removes the seller - given that behaviour I suspect it isn't an unwitting seller who has bought in bulk a load of counterfeit copies. There just seems to be no way for it to be resolved any time soon and meanwhile innocent customers are being inconvenienced or even scammed. (Also annoying that in several cases I've tried to tell them to be careful where they buy it from and if not sure if it is reputable to ask me and/or recommended they buy from OcUK or MS store directly).

Sadly goes through the same motions each time - "if we try this or that won't it take the key?", "no its blocked by MS", "but can't we reinstall the OS and it will maybe work?", repeat :(

Soldato
Yeah eset have the same issue, its a scam that needs closing down and innocent customers compensated.

I brought an eset key from ebay, it worked until the 6 months paypal refund expired, and then the seller cancelled the key, I contacted eset who pretty much said tough luck, no sympathy at all, they dont think there is anything wrong with letting resellers cancelling keys like that.

Soldato
More Amazon Prime ranting...

Ordered a couple of items to my local “Amazon Locker” that was due today - now due 27 Sept - 1 Oct. Reason given? Not enough locker space available. What an absolute joke Amazon Deliveries are :( It should have said “We accidentally over sold deliveries to this locker”.

The deliveries from Amazon have massively deteriorated in recent months - Really disappointing :(

Prime Cancelled!

They probably would not have known the locker was full until they tried to deliver it into the locker, maybe rather than blaming Amazon you should blame all the people who have not bothered to pick up their parcels from the locker.

Soldato
One thing that is annoying me a bit - in the past few weeks I've had several friends/family come to me because they've bought Windows 10 as fulfilled by Amazon and at close to or the full price (not like £10-20 or something) where the key has been blocked by MS or is just plain invalid - complete with what appears to be the original, unopened packaging with USB stick and certificate. But there is no proper way to report the seller(s) to Amazon (especially as I haven't bought from them personally) and while they are closing them down pretty quickly they just pop up under a new name (but obviously the same seller) a few hours later - repeat a few more people going through the same thing before Amazon removes the seller - given that behaviour I suspect it isn't an unwitting seller who has bought in bulk a load of counterfeit copies. There just seems to be no way for it to be resolved any time soon and meanwhile innocent customers are being inconvenienced or even scammed. (Also annoying that in several cases I've tried to tell them to be careful where they buy it from and if not sure if it is reputable to ask me and/or recommended they buy from OcUK or MS store directly).

Sadly goes through the same motions each time - "if we try this or that won't it take the key?", "no its blocked by MS", "but can't we reinstall the OS and it will maybe work?", repeat :(

Yeah eset have the same issue, its a scam that needs closing down and innocent customers compensated.

I brought an eset key from ebay, it worked until the 6 months paypal refund expired, and then the seller cancelled the key, I contacted eset who pretty much said tough luck, no sympathy at all, they dont think there is anything wrong with letting resellers cancelling keys like that.

There are 2 ways to combat this:

Buy from a reputable source, eBay and Amazon market place are not reputable. For filled by Amazon is not Amazon, it just means the 3rd party goods are stored in Amazons warehouse and shipped by them but they are not sourced or owned by Amazon.

Pay on a credit card. If it goes wrong you have decent protection and in most cases you are able to get your money back.

Soldato
One thing that is annoying me a bit - in the past few weeks I've had several friends/family come to me because they've bought Windows 10 as fulfilled by Amazon and at close to or the full price (not like £10-20 or something) where the key has been blocked by MS or is just plain invalid -
it surprises me though, folks who are bright enough to build there own computer (why else are they getting win10 license) but don't show due diligance
(checking seller history, and checking license type ent/volume - if it works)

Pay on a credit card. If it goes wrong you have decent protection and in most cases you are able to get your money back.
that's the theory - but are the credit card companies genuinely sympathetic (if the seller does not have a VAT number / credibility ) and how simple is the process ... I have had refund success with ebay/paypal for physical products.

edit: afterthought I thought credit card purchase refund via amazon were not viable since amazon forwards the money and it is not a direct relaktionship between you and 3rd(sic) party, cannot find the article though.
Also, turns out ebay/paypal do not cover digital content

Last edited:
Soldato
There are 2 ways to combat this:

Buy from a reputable source, eBay and Amazon market place are not reputable. For filled by Amazon is not Amazon, it just means the 3rd party goods are stored in Amazons warehouse and shipped by them but they are not sourced or owned by Amazon.

You honestly feel the software holder bears no responsibility? These were not fake keys, they were legit keys offered by eset to a rogue retailer, eset had zero interest in cutting that reseller supply off.

By the way to jpaul the seller had 100% feedback with 1000+.

Not hard to do with his tactics tho, he gets the positive feedback, waits till its given, waits for the buyer protection to run out, then cancels the keys.

Soldato
I would never buy software from a seller on eBay, pure and simple. The platform is full of crooks with ‘great feedback’ we all know that. There is not a week that goes by where GD doesn’t have a ‘help me I’ve been scammed on eBay thread’. There are very few truly reputable sellers on eBay (and buyers for that matter).

If you pay with a credit card you can make a claim under protections offered by the consumer credit act long after the item has been delivered. You get your money back from the card issuer, they will try and recover it from the merchant if it’s possible.

There is a reason in every ‘got sold a dodgy used car thread’ the first question back is ‘did you pay on a credit card?’ It’s by far the easiest method of getting your money back in situations like this. Period.

Soldato
So in short you are ok with a software vendor dealing with a known crook.

My problem was not my lost money, it was the fact eset refused to cut them off to prevent future victims.

So I put it to you this way.

If everyone buys of these crooked sellers with a credit card, does it make what they doing ok?

Man of Honour
They probably would not have known the locker was full until they tried to deliver it into the locker, maybe rather than blaming Amazon you should blame all the people who have not bothered to pick up their parcels from the locker.

It always surprises me at work how many customers pay for stuff but never collect or leave it a long time before collecting. Probably 10-15% never collect at all and are impossible to get in contact with not just the odd person on a rare occasion.

Soldato
So in short you are ok with a software vendor dealing with a known crook.

My problem was not my lost money, it was the fact eset refused to cut them off to prevent future victims.

So I put it to you this way.

If everyone buys of these crooked sellers with a credit card, does it make what they doing ok?
Let’s take a step back for a few moments.

At no point did I say it was okay, I said buying stuff like software from places like eBay is inherently risky. You have limited options to recourse once you get outside eBay/PayPal refund period.

You have done your civic duty and reported the reseller to the developer, what more can you do? Nothing. If they don’t care, stop buying their software....

I said you should protect yourself, which should be your biggest concern when making purchases. To reiterate what I have already said the easiest and one of the best ways to do this is to simply use a credit card to make the purchase. Pay it off at the end of the month it costs you nothing but you get extra protections.

The other way to protect yourself is to buy from reputable suppliers. Established reputable suppliers with a public image to protect are far less likely to screw you over in the long run. eBay is the Wild West of e-commerce in comparison.

Soldato
Forget about what I did, think about their stance. You keep pushing it away from the developer.

The reason I dont want to talk about my side is because I basically already agree with you on that :p I was stupid, but I only lost £15.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you pay with a credit card you can make a claim under protections offered by the consumer credit act long after the item has been delivered. You get your money back from the card issuer, they will try and recover it from the merchant if it’s possible.
There is a reason in every ‘got sold a dodgy used car thread’ the first question back is ‘did you pay on a credit card?’ It’s by far the easiest method of getting your money back in situations like this. Period.

this protection is not sure, as i already alluded .. it was discussed before in oc, even this thread ? but here is an article
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...ace-purchases-not-covered-consumer-credit-act

Soldato

That’s just not true - I’ve tried to have things delivered to it before but it says I can’t because it was full.

Plus the thing is obviously connected to the net - how can it not know it isn’t full already?

Man of Honour
Just clicked today's deals and had to laugh when I got to the 10th item in the list (assuming it shows the same items and so on for everyone else). The surrounding items and wording of the deal stuff is just so unfortunate.

Soldato
Just clicked today's deals and had to laugh when I got to the 10th item in the list (assuming it shows the same items and so on for everyone else). The surrounding items and wording of the deal stuff is just so unfortunate.

Why would anyone want to vibrate a rabbit?

Back
Top Bottom