Soldato
Ordered the Evolv X in Gunmetal yesterday after Chug put a discount on them, should be here today :) then to work out what I need to swap my parts and loop over and still make it work with 2 rads.

Soldato
Anyone managed to get the new Z390 Maximus Extreme to fit this case? (Evolv X) , I have the Z390 Maximus Formula and that fits fine but the Extreme will not fit seems the standoffs are too short. :(

Associate
@Phanteks_Care

Is it me being thick or is the D-RGB Hub not compatible with the LED strips on the Evolv X case?

I bought the starter kit along with 2x extension cables which the strips incl in the starter kit are working ok but for the case I can only see a Female 3 pin connector, both the extension cables and cables incl (to connect to the hub) are also female connectors

Disconnected all cables from any extensions on the case to see if any fit directly to the hub and only 1 cable will fit but nothing lights up.

Have looked around for any D-RGB male connectors both ends but can't see any?

OcUK Staff
@ChugNorris - so there was a black Friday discount! :eek: lol

Also I still can't work out which halo lux I need digital or non-digital. If I want to plug them into the phanteks case/ motherboard to control them is it the digital ones?

giphy.gif

I believe both would work, but Digital is the more feature rich.

Associate
I cant seem to align my motherboard on this case even though ive been trying for an hour, 3-4 standoffs are always misaligned and if i use any more force it will break the mobo. anyone else had this problem? im on the verge of just returning this case as faulty never had this much trouble with other cases

Associate
Anyone managed to get the new Z390 Maximus Extreme to fit this case? (Evolv X) , I have the Z390 Maximus Formula and that fits fine but the Extreme will not fit seems the standoffs are too short. :(

did you have any trouble fitting the maximus formula into this? what did you do about the middle screw that you cant get in (due to the shield covering it)

Soldato
did you have any trouble fitting the maximus formula into this? what did you do about the middle screw that you cant get in (due to the shield covering it)

The Z390 Maximus Formula fitted the Evolv X fine.

I left the standoff in place but didn't fit the screw.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you have to use any force to align the screws or did they all fit perfectly?

The best way to do it is to remove one of the 2 standoffs that are slightly raised (They help to align the board, but are sometimes a pain) and replace one of them with the a spare standard standoff (Should be in the screw & fittings box). This should make fitting the board a bit easier, also the raised standoff I found easier to fit it in the second row of standoffs nearest to the front of the case.

Back
Top Bottom