QLED vs OLED

Caporegime
There was something that turned me off the NU8000 - I cant honestly remember what it was , if Im thinking of the same one I seem to recall its over 2 years old and still quite expensive (I was looking at 65" version admittedly) and I was also worried about the HDMI version for 4k being that age...although if its for a gaming monitor this is not an issue at all.

I think its the same age as my 40" 6400 that I got really cheap for my office, which is perfectly fine there but few things about it annoy me if it was my main tv (mainly how the OS / smart tv functionality works)

NU8000 is a 2018 model and for the 65" it's £999
55" - £729
49" - £700

it's why it's the best VFM tv right now IMO.

Soldato
This discussion is like a round about. Same old guff.

There's only one choice if you care about Movies and gaming equally.

LG OLED

I recently upgraded to a 65"C8 from a 55" C6 and am still blown away by PQ.

Gaming session's some days +10 Hours. Only thing I noticed on the C6 was some slight IR when flicking from a bright yellow static image on menus to a grey screen. It cleared up in seconds or a flick to a different menu and back.

Only reason I upgraded was always wanted 65" but couldn't afford it.

If blooming, haloing and aggressive local dimming doesn't bother you then pick up a full array LED.

Soldato
For that much you can almost get the 75'' 8K Samsung. At that size the increased pixel density is going to be a much bigger improvement than the benefits of OLED vs high-end LED.

Soldato
For that much you can almost get the 75'' 8K Samsung. At that size the increased pixel density is going to be a much bigger improvement than the benefits of OLED vs high-end LED.
All I can think of is that you see huge grey bars on a 75" LCD...:D

In a brightly light room it would be fine but not in a dark room...

Caporegime
Give me 4k (heck even 1080P!) OLED over 8k LCD any day of the week.

Pixel density can not fix LCD's flaws i.e. halo'ing, blooming, back light bleed, low black depth, poor viewing angles etc. etc.

There are far more important things to IQ than just resolution......

Soldato
All I can think of is that you see huge grey bars on a 75" LCD...:D

Give me 4k (heck even 1080P!) OLED over 8k LCD any day of the week.

Pixel density can not fix LCD's flaws i.e. halo'ing, blooming, back light bleed, low black depth, poor viewing angles etc. etc.

There is far more important things to IQ than just resolution......

Seeing is believing. Go check it out in person first.

Soldato
all i am saying is if i had to decide between a better tv with worse UI and a worse tv with better UI. i would go with the better tv and buy a fire tv for £50
This gets back to the point that LG oleds are now using the word AI to attract people to buy them - LOL - they know their smartUI addicted market.

Anyway, if you are not watching TV in the dark -
( could not find the % of people that do but this is interesting How Bad Is It for Your Eyes to Watch Television in the Dark? )
then LCD dissenters should see a decent IPS screen, where the rhetoric halo/bleed/contrast/viewing-angle are not a problem .... it's a good job for LG that they have not

Caporegime
This gets back to the point that LG oleds are now using the word AI to attract people to buy them - LOL - they know their smartUI addicted market.

Anyway, if you are not watching TV in the dark -
( could not find the % of people that do but this is interesting How Bad Is It for Your Eyes to Watch Television in the Dark? )
then LCD dissenters should see a decent IPS screen, where the rhetoric halo/bleed/contrast/viewing-angle are not a problem .... it's a good job for LG that they have not

good job i have white BIAS lighting behind both my current tv's and i have also bought a third set from ikea for when my new tv arrives. only costs 15 quid too.

Back
Top Bottom