• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Soldato
Do you have the lastest bios for that mobo? Does vega actaully wpork on non UEFI mobos?
People are using them on X58 which is pre-UEFI so yes. Same goes for Polaris. There are a few posts indicating problems with Windows 10 in this setup but it sounds like it's restricted to certain versions of it. All else fails, Windows 7 supposedly works fine.

Caporegime
Surely a vega user can share the actual draw of the device. If others are applying volt reductions and using cool mode (whatever its called) then its probably nowhere near the level a 290x is going to draw? Im going out on a limb here and saying if your PSU can run a 290 flat out then a vega should be less demanding?

yeh, it might work. Personally i would want a bit of room for manoeuvre!

Caporegime
People are using them on X58 which is pre-UEFI so yes. Same goes for Polaris. There are a few posts indicating problems with Windows 10 in this setup but it sounds like it's restricted to certain versions of it. All else fails, Windows 7 supposedly works fine.

Windows 7 is no longer supported so not really a solution.

Soldato
I read in here a couple of days back someone ordered the Vega but it didn’t work on their mobo. I’ve searched but can’t find the post though :(
I'm almost certain it was an Intel Z68P motherboard, sounds like Gigabyte. I read it Friday or Saturday, I can't find the posts either.:confused:

Associate
Excellent Investgative work Nelly , that was it...he was on z68

Yes this was the post I made over in Gibbos original offer posting. I have a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard with a non UEFI BIOS and the Vega 56 will not work with it (might also apply to the Polaris cards). There are reports of similar issues on other makes of MB and other chipsets of the same age so try to do some research for your particular motherboard if you are thinking of upgrading. On the use of a custom BIOS from tweaktown it is possible with some risk to flash a UEFI BIOS however I cannot use it on my setup as the custom BIOS will not support hard drives of 3TB +

I'm a bit stuck now as I was waiting for Zen 2 to be released before upgrading my system but might have to go with a current budget AM4 setup as the kitty is depleted to much from buying the Vega. I don't know whether to get the basic Ryzen 3 1200 and swap again next year or try and stretch to something a bit better now although the best I could afford would be a Ryzen 5 1600x (current CPU is i5-2500K).

Caporegime
Yes this was the post I made over in Gibbos original offer posting. I have a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard with a non UEFI BIOS and the Vega 56 will not work with it (might also apply to the Polaris cards). There are reports of similar issues on other makes of MB and other chipsets of the same age so try to do some research for your particular motherboard if you are thinking of upgrading. On the use of a custom BIOS from tweaktown it is possible with some risk to flash a UEFI BIOS however I cannot use it on my setup as the custom BIOS will not support hard drives of 3TB +

I'm a bit stuck now as I was waiting for Zen 2 to be released before upgrading my system but might have to go with a current budget AM4 setup as the kitty is depleted to much from buying the Vega. I don't know whether to get the basic Ryzen 3 1200 and swap again next year or try and stretch to something a bit better now although the best I could afford would be a Ryzen 5 1600x (current CPU is i5-2500K).

You’ll get some money back selling your 2500k rig...

Soldato
Yes this was the post I made over in Gibbos original offer posting. I have a Gigabyte Z68 motherboard with a non UEFI BIOS and the Vega 56 will not work with it (might also apply to the Polaris cards).
Might be worth @GIGA-Man seeing this post. I think Gigabyte have sent out a newer BIOS to people suffering compatability issues with newer graphics cards previously?

Soldato
Windows 7 is no longer supported so not really a solution.
Agreed. Plenty of people say Vega works fine on X58 so I'm pretty confident, the only problem for me is if it only works on say Windows 10 1803 or later, since I'm still on 1709. X58 doesn't work with 1803 or later unless you disable VT-d (for some reason). I'm also still using the 18.5.1 driver since there are serious performance regressions on my setup with later drivers...I will try the latest for Vega though.

Associate
Is the Vega 64 overkill for a EGPU + MacBook Pro 2018 13" 8gb ram .. mainly for 4k editing on fcpx.. some overwatch gaming from time to time..
performance loss via TB3 is too much that I might just go for Vega 56 or rx590?

Associate
Oh well - sounds like issues (or the risk of issues) with my current setup and Vega :(. Best go and cancel the preorder and start saving towards a brand new system....

Thanks for all your help folks.:cool:

Associate
I am currently using a RX580 on a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H (so older than a Z97X), also on Windows 10 1803, but worked with 1709 as well with no issues, my 56 arrives tomorrow. On the basis that the RX580 is fine, I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue as my mobo is PCI3.0 and isn't it only PCI2.0 boards that have the issue?

Associate
Hi there

OK some good and bad news.
Sapphire are reporting an ETD of mid December for the additional 56 and end of December for additional 64.

Thus the deal price will remain until tomorrow (Monday) on Sapphire.

As this deal was based on 5% margin and with pound weakening too high a risk to hold such a price we shall end the deal pricing Monday on the pre order of the 56 the 64 shall remain until sold out which shall no doubt be Monday anyway.

I am warning you guys of this as a suggestion to get your pre order in if you don’t mind waiting as we honour the back orders even if we ship at a loss profit wise.

Asus and Gigabyte Vega deals shall remain!

So expect to see no moaning but only you guys placing pre orders, you’ve been warned!

Feel free to spread word and warn others as a £299 Vega 56 with three games is deal of century and was delivered to you by OcUK! :)

What's day will these deals end? Is it known?

Theres at least one deal ending tomo, I've quoted the source. Not sure about the rest.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I am currently using a RX580 on a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H (so older than a Z97X), also on Windows 10 1803, but worked with 1709 as well with no issues, my 56 arrives tomorrow. On the basis that the RX580 is fine, I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue as my mobo is PCI3.0 and isn't it only PCI2.0 boards that have the issue?

Is this just Gigabtye motherboards then? Wierd issue but surely after a year the reasoning is known now. Wondering now as my board is pretty old.

Back
Top Bottom