More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The difference was clearly explained. Disarming US police is unlikely to reduce the number of them killed by firearms. They're not typically shooting themselves.

I wasn't calling for the disarmament of them, i'm making the case that the UK shouldn't be, because it does literally nothing.

Soldato
Nice to see the Guardian is hosting some ridiculous apologetics for recidivist knife carrying criminals when London has had a bad year stabbing wise....

Guardian comment piece said:
Jailing J Hus for possessing a knife won’t solve the problem
Franklyn Addo

We should be working with those at risk of offending and supporting their talent rather than compounding their trauma

In June, the musician J Hus was arrested for possessing a knife. He has now been given an eight-month prison sentence, much to the disappointment of many of his fans. I share the frustration in this sentencing decision – apart from the fact that locking people up in often overcrowded, understaffed prisons ought not to be a cause for celebration, such penal measures often fail to acknowledge the context of the crime and therefore fail to resolve it in the longer term. J Hus’s trajectory has been at once triumphant and tumultuous. On one hand he has pioneered an authentic, distinctive and eclectic sound. But despite deservedly rocketing to stardom and releasing an era-defining album Common Sense, covetable earnings, chart success and accolades such as Brit and Mercury award nominations are starkly contrasted by moments of misfortune. He has six previous convictions, and was stabbed five times in 2015. More recently, his friend was stabbed and consequently paralysed this year – it was just six days afterwards that J Hus was caught carrying the weapon for which he has been imprisoned.

How exactly is society supposed to 'work' with people presuambly earning lots of money from them selling their songs?

I think it shows the folly of the belief that violent crime can be reduced by alleviating financial poverty.

And I think eight months was very lenient given his previous history which strangely the Guardian didn't give detail about in the opinion piece or their linked news piece....

Another news outlet offered some more detail..

BBC said:

When asked why he was carrying a six-inch blade following the most recent arrest, J Hus said: "You know, it's Westfield."

Sorry J Hus I don't "know" what you mean... I have gone to Westfield many times and haven't felt the need to go armed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
^^^ more ridiculous sentencing, someone carrying and/or being prepared to use a knife is exactly the sort of person who should be getting locked up, he should be released on bail for those offences and ought to be on remand and/or serving a decent amount of time in jail.

Soldato
Sorry J Hus I don't "know" what you mean... I have gone to Westfield many times and haven't felt the need to go armed.

You don't feel the need to go to Westfield armed because you don't have any conflicting business interests with these people, and I doubt you've been stabbed before.

The phrase "You know, it's Westfield.", has a much deeper meaning to it. He is talking from his perspective, it's not something you need to apply to yourself and wonder why you don't feel the need to carry a knife, you've both had completely different lives, plus he's been stabbed before. In his perspective a place like Westfield is swarming with rival gang members who are willing to stab their rivals.

The only reason these people carry knives is because of enemies/rivals, not you. You don't hear about ordinary people being stabbed everyday. Most stabbings are of people who have some sort of "beef" between them, mainly for conflicting business interests mainly caused by drugs.

Permabanned
You don't feel the need to go to Westfield armed because you don't have any conflicting business interests with these people, and I doubt you've been stabbed before.

The phrase "You know, it's Westfield.", has a much deeper meaning to it. He is talking from his perspective, it's not something you need to apply to yourself and wonder why you don't feel the need to carry a knife, you've both had completely different lives, plus he's been stabbed before. In his perspective a place like Westfield is swarming with rival gang members who are willing to stab their rivals.

The only reason these people carry knives is because of enemies/rivals, not you. You don't hear about ordinary people being stabbed everyday. Most stabbings are of people who have some sort of "beef" between them, mainly for conflicting business interests mainly caused by drugs.

Pathetic apologist mode enabled.

Sigh, don't be in a sad little London gang then, pretend you are gangster, and you won't have an issue like 95% of the population!

It is beautiful karma when these wannabes who trade off the image get found out, like the rainbow kid Tekashi69... LOL

Soldato
Some people are so in their own bubble and all they ever do is sit on their armchair and point their finger at people who's lives they know absolutely nothing whatsoever about.

Knife crime and gang culture within my local area is a devastating thing. People sitting on their armchair on another planet saying the sentence was too lenient, have absolutely no idea what's going on here J Hus carrying a knife in Stratford is as big a problem as a fruit fly hovering around your head.

The sad thing is he is only doing it to defend himself because he's been targeted and stabbed before. And then the media propagate this nonsense and glamorise it to more black youths then you have more people carrying knifes to defend themselves even if they haven't been stabbed before. Just another dangerous news story to propagate on all fronts. :(

Soldato

By 'conflicting business' interest I assume you mean I don't deal drugs or make social media posts or music videos 'disrespecting' people whilst making gang/gun signs?

I was more making a comment about the belief that we can stop or significant reduce this sort of stuff happening by taking a kinder approach to the criminals involved.

Its a sub culture of violence and criminality that's the problem not 'society' by and large.

Soldato
By 'conflicting business' interest I assume you mean I don't deal drugs or make social media posts or music videos 'disrespecting' people whilst making gang/gun signs?

I was more making a comment about the belief that we can stop or significant reduce this sort of stuff happening by taking a kinder approach to the criminals involved.

Its a sub culture of violence and criminality that's the problem not 'society' by and large.

Yep exactly, I mean you don't deal drugs or gang music. Yes.

You cant. That's why this is just propaganda designed to glamorise knife possession within such subcultures. J Hus is an exception, but will ghetto kids understand why he was given a light sentence? he's not carrying the blade to assist in some robbery or something.

Permabanned
It doesnt matter where you grow up. Some of these London estates even look quite well to do, and are bang next to seriously posh houses/areas.

Its just pure excuse making for people who quite obviously know right from wrong, but just choose that lifestyle because it is "cool" and they are severely mentally immature/VERY low IQ As for the "drill" culture and music, just ROFL, its absolutely pathetic.

Soldato
Pathetic apologist mode enabled.

Sigh, don't be in a sad little London gang then, pretend you are gangster, and you won't have an issue like 95% of the population!

It is beautiful karma when these wannabes who trade off the image get found out, like the rainbow kid Tekashi69... LOL

Ah "apologist". One of the best lazy buzzwords to try to defend a closed mind.

I am thinking of all the different sociological and psychological factors which cause children to become involved with crime and gangs and you call me an apologist. Good grief, you think I want there to be knife crime in my neighbourhood? Please that is just sickening and a terrible counter to the points i am trying to raise.

You cant just eradicate the bottom end of society and a market inflated by millions of percent with the snap of two fingers, and you certainly wont fix anything by calling people who can identify real causes and know how to fix these problems, "apologists".

Soldato

Hands down the most foolish and ignorant solution to the increasing London knife and gang crime problem I have ever heard in my life.

Unprecedented. You should become mayor lol. :(

Soldato
Some people are so in their own bubble and all they ever do is sit on their armchair and point their finger at people who's lives they know absolutely nothing whatsoever about.

Knife crime and gang culture within my local area is a devastating thing. People sitting on their armchair on another planet saying the sentence was too lenient, have absolutely no idea what's going on here J Hus carrying a knife in Stratford is as big a problem as a fruit fly hovering around your head.

The sad thing is he is only doing it to defend himself because he's been targeted and stabbed before. And then the media propagate this nonsense and glamorise it to more black youths then you have more people carrying knifes to defend themselves even if they haven't been stabbed before. Just another dangerous news story to propagate on all fronts. :(
How does carrying a knife defend you from a knife attack? Surely they need to start carrying shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom