Drones over gatwick..

Associate
An anti-air missile would be safer than using bullets around there. It can't miss and fly off who knows where. Get the army in with a SAM, job done.
giphy.gif

Soldato
To be fair to Liz Truss, it's hard to tell from the video clip but I doubt that the point she was making is that guard dogs are what's needed at Gatwick. Having said that, who knows what point she was trying to make by bringing it up? She's been a mystery to me since the whole "pork markets" thing.

Soldato
Are we going to arse around this much if we ever detect an incoming missile from Russia? God help us.

They'll launch an explosive pigeon 2 weeks after the event.

If that's ever announced I expect half the country to react with "o yea, blame Russia...".

Associate
An array of these within the airfield facing south (sorry Brighton :)) would sort it out.

"Metal Storm". Stay with the video for 1,000,000 RPM test fire.
Or go with the tried and tested Phalanx CIWS for quite a light show.

(Volume warning)

/edit found a shortened version without swearing!

Soldato
Having been near to a phalanx system test firing you do not want this anywhere near people or buildings within about 5 miles.

We got off the plane after the test fire had been announced and the two second burst left me needing new pants and trousers.

Never before have I witnessed a laser that sounds like it's a car engine at 7000rpm inside your brain fire a beam 2 miles into the sky to deliver fireworks.

This is not something you want near people.

Soldato
Having been near to a phalanx system test firing you do not want this anywhere near people or buildings within about 5 miles.

We got off the plane after the test fire had been announced and the two second burst left me needing new pants and trousers.

Never before have I witnessed a laser that sounds like it's a car engine at 7000rpm inside your brain fire a beam 2 miles into the sky to deliver fireworks.

sounds fun!!!

Associate
That looks almost controlled and precise.
To me the video I posted feels downright visceral with ordnance slewing everywhere and the jerky camerawork. Not somewhere I'd like to be close to.

I can well imagine debris from all those exploding shells rains over a large area.

Soldato

The stuff that is out there now is scary stuff indeed. I dread to think of what other stuff is available that we don't know about...

Back
Top Bottom