Drones over gatwick..

Soldato
If it's using 2.4ghz, can fly remotely via the mobile network. Could be sat at home hundreds of miles away flying it.
That's a bit convoluted - typically range is pretty short unless you're using a directional antenna.

This sounds like a couple of idiots to me rather than someone engineering a complex situation with a remote control station. You can't just control a drone from any random wifi network at will.

Associate
That's a bit convoluted - typically range is pretty short unless you're using a directional antenna.

This sounds like a couple of idiots to me rather than someone engineering a complex situation with a remote control station.

gotta be more than a couple of idiots... they know exactly what there doing and so far they have said its a commercial drone spotted

Soldato
gotta be more than a couple of idiots... they know exactly what there doing and so far they have said its a commercial drone spotted
Must be a home-brew or custom flash if no geofencing, though. Ability to build a drone and/or competence doesn't mean they aren't idiots IMO.

I sold my Phantom 2 with pre-geofencing firmware. I was worried for a bit! :p

Caporegime
I've guessed who it is, the Russians obviously. They smuggled the drone into the country using that beached cargo ship the other day and now Putin is sat in the Kremlin with his controller laughing over the fallout whilst stroking a black cat. How have the mainstream media not come up with this already, it's so obvious.

Soldato
Must be a home-brew or custom flash if no geofencing, though. Ability to build a drone and/or competence doesn't mean they aren't idiots IMO.

I sold my Phantom 2 with pre-geofencing firmware. I was worried for a bit! :p

Drones are pretty simple to build and fly though. We don't see incidents like this with RC planes/choppers as they are a lot harder to put together and a lot more difficult to control. Anyone can pick up a drone and fly it in to an airport :/

Soldato
An array of these within the airfield facing south (sorry Brighton :)) would sort it out.

"Metal Storm". Stay with the video for 1,000,000 RPM test fire.

Back
Top Bottom