Drones over gatwick..

With Stuttgart airport on high alert yesterday after being scoped out by know group, it does make you wonder if this is masking a much more serious threat.

Plot Twist that Jayzon is actually the drone-master himself and going for the ultimate troll 2018 award as he basks in his glory?!?!

Sorry to disappoint you , was just offering input , I’ll pm you my address you can put your warrior keyboard down then ,

waking Up to reading use a pellet gun no wonder this country the way it is
******* pellet gun , I really do have smarter veg in my fridge
Merry Xmas everybody, need to put my batteries on charge busy day at Gatwick

I think its funny for some reason.

The calamity over this is stupid, it all does not make sense. A few drones in airspace can take a airport down. Not having it at all something else is going on.

Planes can land on one engine even if a drone took one out which is unlikely.

Its all scaremongering, happy xmas and fly safe. ;)
A sudden change in the amount of engines you have during a landing or takeoff situation.. Yeah what could possibly go wrong... :rolleyes:

Plus you have possible damage to wings, flaps, hydraulics and heaven forbid fuel tanks at higher speeds.

https://youtu.be/QH0V7kp-xg0

They will find him there’s probably lots of data to crunch and he will get a knock on the door give it a couple of weeks and I bet he will be on the front page .
, bet dji will be helping out , more than likely data from a iPad or phone will place him there

so, in this world of people posting 2760 pictures of their McDonald's, why is there not one single picture of a drone? surely someone in the area/terminal would have gone out to see all the fuss and tried to get a pic for their 15mins of internet fame? it probably would have been the usual cluster of 8 blurry pixels, but at the moment (quick scan of various news pages) i'm seeing nowt??

All I can say is I feel sorry for the genuine drone users who great videos and nice shots , that’s all over now , then the rc clubs will suffer all for a idiot really feel for them as it can be a nice hobby when done right .

so, in this world of people posting 2760 pictures of their McDonald's, why is there not one single picture of a drone? surely someone in the area/terminal would have gone out to see all the fuss and tried to get a pic for their 15mins of internet fame? it probably would have been the usual cluster of 8 blurry pixels, but at the moment (quick scan of various news pages) i'm seeing nowt??
There's a video kicking around, linked earlier in this thread

All I can say is I feel sorry for the genuine drone users who great videos and nice shots , that’s all over now , then the rc clubs will suffer all for a idiot really feel for them as it can be a nice hobby when done right .
Hopefully we’ll just have to register everything/get a licence and swear on the bible to never fly near an airport..

I sold mine a while back could see this coming, they have some great use but as per the minority has ruined it for the majority. £1000 for a drone course is half the reason for stupidity,
I think they need to be licensed like aircraft numbers id ect but I can see a blanket ban coming ,

There are plenty of good arguments for licensing drones. Providing it's sensibly done it shouldn't be an issue for hobbyists and professionals.

I saw on the news late last night that the Police had said they had dozens of reports from the general public and had a number of lines of enquiry.

If the perpetrator(s) was stupid enough to be launching from a populated place, hopefully one of those reports comes good, but I can’t help but feel that people have reported to the police anyone they saw with a drone yesterday.

It’s going to have vilified them and I’d certainly be concerned while somebody remains at large.

This is the sort of thing that could be used if drones become a more serious threat in future. Not this nonsense about some air defence system apparently using small magical bullets that will take down drones but seemingly not punch holes in things/people.

Unlike bullets the laser doesn't have the same issue with gravity and will carry on up into the sky.

Ship mounted lasers have actually been around for some time now. They were kept secret.

Back
Top Bottom