Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
LOL yes I was just messing around with some weather presets trying to be funny,The swamp area is across the river from the monastery if anyone is interested.
One of my top two favourite areas in the map! It's like someone wanted to develop the most detailed swamp they could, but only had a small area to do it in; it was such a find when I first came across it.

Associate
The game has a bunch of different times of day,I use a cheat mod to switch between Time of day mods with hotkeys.
some different time of days ,quite boring to look at but fun when your playing.

Soldato
Got a question. I stopped playing the game 10 months or so ago, due to some bugs. Now restarted it and wanted a mod that removes the hud, I used a simple one last time that with keybinding removed the hud all together, just two lines in a user.cfg file. Had to have +exec user.cfg in the Steam launch options though, but it worked. Now though, to have the user.cfg file to load I have to type "exec user" once game start using the command button, otherwise it wont load for me. So, does others that using a user.cfg file have the same problem or is it just random ??

Soldato
OP
Got a question. I stopped playing the game 10 months or so ago, due to some bugs. Now restarted it and wanted a mod that removes the hud, I used a simple one last time that with keybinding removed the hud all together, just two lines in a user.cfg file. Had to have +exec user.cfg in the Steam launch options though, but it worked. Now though, to have the user.cfg file to load I have to type "exec user" once game start using the command button, otherwise it wont load for me. So, does others that using a user.cfg file have the same problem or is it just random ??
I only use user.cfg to increase sensitivity of controller, but I have the file in the game folder and it works, even without the +exec user.cfg command..

Soldato
I only use user.cfg to increase sensitivity of controller, but I have the file in the game folder and it works, even without the +exec user.cfg command..
Thanks Paul ! Hmm not sure what's up then, I tried remove the ; +exec user.cfg from steam but still wont work without me doing the "exec user" once in game. Strange, but at least it DOES work in a way, I just need to remember to do it so I can see the Compass on occasion when it is needed. :p

If anyone curious I am using this mod to remove the hud. Mrozak's Hud - Stat Bars Auto-Hide and then the stats bar and compass hide file, setting a key command one can then have the compass visible for 3 seconds and then back to a clear view. Part from the yellow dot, keeping it for now, makes it easier to pick herbs. :o

Associate
There are several ways to hide/show hud

Best way is use system execute command script hotkey in a lua cheat so it always works'
Examples
System.ExecuteCommand('bind np_0 g_showhud 0')
System.ExecuteCommand('bind np_1 "g_showhud 1"')

Easiest way is in user.cfg where the shortcut to the game should be as stated above with devmode
+exec user.cfg -devmode

bind np_0 g_showhud 0
bind np_1 g_showhud 1

Or you can fancy and use third person mod with these commands in user.cfg
bind x "#System.ExecuteCommand('wh_pl_followentity 0');System.ExecuteCommand('wh_ui_showcursor 1');System.ExecuteCommand('g_showHud 1');"
bind mouse3 "#if (player.actorStats.thirdPerson) then System.ExecuteCommand('wh_pl_followentity 0') else System.ExecuteCommand('wh_pl_followentity dude') end"
bind np_subtract "#if (player.actorStats.thirdPerson) then System.ExecuteCommand('wh_pl_followentity 0') else System.ExecuteCommand('wh_pl_followentity dude') end"
bind np_multiply "#function numberToBool(val) if (val < 1) then return false end return true end if (numberToBool(tonumber(System.GetCVar('g_showHud')))) then System.ExecuteCommand('g_showHud 0') else System.ExecuteCommand('g_showHud 1') end"
bind np_divide "#function numberToBool(val) if (val < 1) then return false end return true end if (numberToBool(tonumber(System.GetCVar('wh_ui_showcursor')))) then System.ExecuteCommand('wh_ui_showcursor 0') else System.ExecuteCommand('wh_ui_showcursor 1') end"

Some native 4K 60 FPS with mod for weather/fps

Soldato
Another question. Should I buy the DLC's and do them as I play the game or buy them later on instead ?? I know From the Ashes you need loads of coins to do that on, the other one sounds fun but not sure how many hours you get out of it really ? :p

Soldato
Another question. Should I buy the DLC's and do them as I play the game or buy them later on instead ?? I know From the Ashes you need loads of coins to do that on, the other one sounds fun but not sure how many hours you get out of it really ? :p
If I could, I would have bought From the Ashes before I played. If just an end game addon, it really is ludicrously fast, lacking in challenge and dull. So I'd add it when you're doing a proper play through.

Not bought any of the other DLCs (not for any reason other than not having had the chance to get back to KCD in ages).

Soldato
OP

They are definitely better during the game. I would wait for Band of Brastards as well before starting the playthrough though.

Wow you have 60fps in 4K on 1080Ti and Ryzen 5? That is impressive.

Soldato
They are definitely better during the game. I would wait for Band of Brastards as well before starting the playthrough though.
Alright, no rush for me then. I just left Talmberg to go and bury Henry's parents, so barely started it really. Seems Band of Brastards is projected to be released early February so I wont have gotten that far by then. :p

Associate
Wow you have 60fps in 4K on 1080Ti and Ryzen 5? That is impressive.

Well it is just the mod I threw together linked in the video.Double your FPS from ultra with better shadows and distance settings.
Actually My Ryzen 2600X is just as fast as my Intel system @4500Mhz with GTX 1080Ti .I can not tell the difference when gaming.

Soldato
OP
Well it is just the mod I threw together linked in the video.Double your FPS from ultra with better shadows and distance settings.
Actually My Ryzen 2600X is just as fast as my Intel system @4500Mhz with GTX 1080Ti .I can not tell the difference when gaming.

What intel CPU do you have?
I just upgraded two months ago from 2500K@4ghz to Ryzen 2700X. So far I am fairly happy with it, although the stock cooler is worse than I expected.
Thanks for linking the mod, will check it out.

Soldato
I think I got daylight robbed by a guard earlier. Was walking up the street in Rattay when a guard stopped me and told me everyone has to carry a torch during the night. It was 11:30 am and a clear sky though ! :eek:

Would thought small bugs like this been sorted by now. :p

Another thing that I was not aware of was if you wait to long to go and get that ring back for the miller as payment for saving you then he sends some cronies of his after you threatening to trash you if you don't pay up. You can talk yourself out of it but when you talk with the miller right after, there is not an option to ask him why he did it, which would been nice if it been. Well, we know why but still, Henry has the right to be upset about it, after all he did say he was going to do it, just taking some time and other things come up as well. :p

Soldato
OP
Band of Brothers teaser. According to Tobi it should be around 5 hours long (estimate) new questline and should be a bit cheaper than previous DLCs.

Back
Top Bottom