Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

The reviews of the Hans Capon dlc are really quite off-putting! Voice recording of Capon being different to originally and much lower quality?! Seems very un-KCDish.
Definitely not one I'm going to get unless they significantly increase the content (reports of 1-3hrs of gameplay with this) and fix the apparent cart-load of bugs.

That's strange, Capon is definitely voiced by the same actor, do they mean the technical quality being lower somehow?

But yeah the DLC is shorter than i expected..well written and fun, but definitely better to get it on sale.

That's strange, Capon is definitely voiced by the same actor, do they mean the technical quality being lower somehow?

But yeah the DLC is shorter than i expected..well written and fun, but definitely better to get it on sale.

Yes, changed quality so it doesn't sound like he's in the natural environnent, apparently. Meaning you hear the old stuff as before, but the dlc he sounds different.

As I've just done Robber Baron, the new dlc is available for me to start. Worth doing it now, or leaving til later. I'm just doing All that Glisters.... Come to think of it, do you get to continue after the main story ends?

Here we go. Just got arrested for sitting at a table in a tavern at 7pm without a torch, whilst being surrounded by 15plus other people... None of them holding torches of course. :rolleyes:

I really don't get it. They must know it doesn't work!

Edit- this is in-game BTW.

I've done the tourney 3 times now. It can be a fiat challenge, especially when it throws in axes and Maces, which I have never used(only ever use one longsword the whole game).

It is a good addition, but it would be nice if it were integrated a bit better, with characters who have an interest actually watching for example, with a.cutscene or two, then it would fit in seamlessly. One of the quests that gets you to enter the tournament has a nice little encounter woven in too that I really appreciated.

I've just started From the Ashes too which seems promising so far.

Also--the people saying the voice acting is lower quality in the Hans Capon dlc. I've noticed it in From The Ashes too... Sir Divish sounds like he recorded his lines on the toilet!

Well that's that then, just when I was enjoying it so much.

Did the tourney for the second time, went to get my prize, suddenly my PC crashes... Hmm that's odd. I restart it and load up KC again. A message pops up - "GAME LOAD FAILED" seriously.. Sigh. Well I've got a save 90 minutes earlier. So I load that one and do the tourney again. Go to get the prize and yep, crashes again. "GAME LOAD FAILED"

What a joke:rolleyes:

Well that's that then, just when I was enjoying it so much.

Did the tourney for the second time, went to get my prize, suddenly my PC crashes... Hmm that's odd. I restart it and load up KC again. A message pops up - "GAME LOAD FAILED" seriously.. Sigh. Well I've got a save 90 minutes earlier. So I load that one and do the tourney again. Go to get the prize and yep, crashes again. "GAME LOAD FAILED"

What a joke:rolleyes:

I pointed a friend from Warhorse to your post, he thanked me and told me the QA is working around the clock (even through the weekend) to fix these bugs..they hate the situation too.
The sad reality is that with a game of this scope, you fix one thing and it can break a different thing 30 hours before/after, so QAing this is extremely timeconsuming task. Obviously though it is still not acceptable and I hope Warhorse will figure out how to improve this situation for the sequel.

I pointed a friend from Warhorse to your post, he thanked me and told me the QA is working around the clock (even through the weekend) to fix these bugs..they hate the situation too.
The sad reality is that with a game of this scope, you fix one thing and it can break a different thing 30 hours before/after, so QAing this is extremely timeconsuming task. Obviously though it is still not acceptable and I hope Warhorse will figure out how to improve this situation for the sequel.

This is unfortunate as while I respect their ambition and am sympathetic towards the problems and pressures for the developers, this release will be widely known as 'buggy' and this is likely to affect first batch of sales at rrp for any sequel. People will be reluctant to pay £40 or whatever it was at release for a buggy game when they could wait and pay £10 for a (hopefully!) fixed one.

Thanks, I've sent them a ticket too. They seem quite reasonable and just as ****** off as the players!

I'm gonna try and carry on today and just not do the tourney and hope it is just something to do with that(annoying as the armour set you get is pretty great)

I've got past that issue now, and even done the tourney again... As there was a period between the tourney ending and the game crashing, I tried making 5 saves. It did crash again, but only one of the saves failed to load and the others were OK. Hopefully it's just a one off.

I've played a further 2 or 3 hours without issue. I started building the town, but I've realised I don't have anywhere near enough money!

Good
I've got past that issue now, and even done the tourney again... As there was a period between the tourney ending and the game crashing, I tried making 5 saves. It did crash again, but only one of the saves failed to load and the others were OK. Hopefully it's just a one off.

I've played a further 2 or 3 hours without issue. I started building the town, but I've realised I don't have anywhere near enough money!

Enjoy it! I had way too much money and could breeze through FtA, but that ruined it tbh as it's a pathetically minor DLC anyway, so whatever you can do to drag it out can only be a good thing.

This is unfortunate as while I respect their ambition and am sympathetic towards the problems and pressures for the developers, this release will be widely known as 'buggy' and this is likely to affect first batch of sales at rrp for any sequel. People will be reluctant to pay £40 or whatever it was at release for a buggy game when they could wait and pay £10 for a (hopefully!) fixed one.

Hopefully the sequel will be in good state, with word of mouth the rep can get fixed. Witcher 1 also came out buggy with 5 min loading times, Witcher 2 and 3 were mostly polished even at launch and CDP is fine today :)

Btw hotfix just came out

Hello Everyone,

Once again, we extend our sincere apologies to those affected by the most recent bugs which have shortened your playing time with our latest DLC. Now that the hotfix is out, you will be able to get the full experience for The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon and Tournament.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the experience and quality of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Thank you for your support and check back here for regular updates and news. Console hotfix will be made available soon.

Stay Medieval,

Warhorse Studios

– Amorous Adventures Fixes –

• A big part of the second DLC - "No Rest for the Wicked" quest is now available from the Charlatan. The quest is available even with completed Amorous Adventures DLC so there is no need to reload to the previous state.

• Infinite fader during dialogue with Hans Capon after failing Next to Godliness fixed.

• No Rest for the Wicked quest now properly reacts to the player killing the guys he was supposed to scare.

• Player now correctly receives Musk of Infinite Allure on completion of No Rest for the Wicked.

• It is now possible to finish active Game of Throws quest even when the player initiates Vranik battle.

• Rare crash when arriving at gamblers' den fixed.

• Game of Throws journal text bug fixed.

• It is no longer possible to break Honeyed Words quest by closing the door in front of Hans Capon a moment before he forces the dialogue on the player.

• Infinite fader after rapid skipping of Capon's dialogues fixed.

• Player will no longer be harassed for not having a lit torch during the encounter with the butcher and his men in Honeyed Words quest.
– Tournament Fixes –

• During Epilogue, the first Tournament now starts automatically one hour after the player skips time far enough from Rattay (eg Neuhof). It is no longer necessary to start the accompanying quest of Samopesh blacksmith.

• The second and any other Tournament now always periodically occurs every 7 days even when the player is close by. It is now possible to wait right next to the Herald.

• Guards will no longer attempt to frisk you during an active tournament, which caused the Tournament to fail.

• Tournament will no longer delete some items of players who have huge amounts of items in their inventory.

• Possible infinite fader during later Tournament stages fixed.
– Other Fixes–

• It is now possible to start Miracles While You Wait even if you refuse Charlatan multiple times.

• It is now much easier to hit the topping out during Miracles While You Wait quest.

• Fixed bug in Miracles While You Wait that sometimes broke the ending if the player completed the whole quest without saving or loading.

• Rare crash during escape from Skalitz fixed.

• Absurdly bright screen caused by persisting effect of Nighthawk potion during daylight has been fixed. Any remaining issues can be solved by drinking another Nighthawk potion and waiting for a few hours.

Can anyone who is in Rattay do a test and compare the framerate there with the framerate when on the main street of Skalitz at the start of the game?
I wonder if the two locations are similarly demanding or if Rattay is even harder on the hardware.
I just installed Ryzen 2700X and RTX 2080 and in Skalitz I get 60fps on very high preset in 1440p, so I was wondering if that is representative of the other demanding locations like Rattay.

Can anyone who is in Rattay do a test and compare the framerate there with the framerate when on the main street of Skalitz at the start of the game?
I wonder if the two locations are similarly demanding or if Rattay is even harder on the hardware.
I just installed Ryzen 2700X and RTX 2080 and in Skalitz I get 60fps on very high preset in 1440p, so I was wondering if that is representative of the other demanding locations like Rattay.
Rattay and Sasau are way harder on the system than Skalitz and anywhere else on the map.

Back
Top Bottom