Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I hope the government take away it's citizenship ASAP.

We have got to many of them kind in the UK already.

"Them kind"? Can you clarify what you actually mean by that?

This is a tough one for me, I'm leaning towards Trustys argument as for me, she was essentially groomed however the lack of remorse and regret is worrying. She should be allowed back in, arrested and tried for her crimes imo.

Soldato
People living here and using our services, yet also consider the UK their "enemy" and put religion ahead of their country.

Caporegime
Just arresting her as an enemy of the state and force adoption on the child would be great if not for the fact that child services in this country tend's to end up with a huge swath of them being abused. It may actually be better for the child to just revoke citizenship and ignore she exists.

Associate
Leave her there to rot. Yes she was 15 and probably impressionable at the time she left but she is now 19 and shows no remorse etc. Remove her citizenship and don't let her or her child back in.

Soldato
A victim of grooming or not, she remains a threat to the UK, however as far I am aware we cant refuse her entry as a British Citizen.

If she turns up at Heathrow airport today, immigration HAVE to let her in.

I believe that her citizenship can only be removed if it does not leave her stateless.

Soldato
No, it's not.

It really is.

How can you show any sign of empathy towards someone who shows absolutely no remorse for their actions? If she'd publicly announced that she was suckered in by the propaganda and now she's seen the error of her ways, i think she may have won a few more people over.

But her stance is basically, i had a great time with IS but now they are dying, i have a baby and i want it born in a country with good healthcare.

Man of Honour
Ok, so she went to join ISIS based on the ideals that they "promised" her, lets assume. However from the way the story reads, she left their camp and is now living in a refugee camp. What terrorist act would you prosecute her for?

I think that whatever the government does in this case, they're going to do something wrong in people's eyes. If they bring her back, they're going to anger the "let her rot, she made her bed" etc etc. However if they don't, they're going to anger the people who believe that they should be compassionate. Unfortunately there's no right answer here.
What would we charge a UK person with if they went over there and fought for ISIS? We should charge her with the same. By supporting their fighters she was just as much part of their war machine as someone carrying a gun. Unfortunately I would not be surprised if we wouldn't charge a fighter or her.

Soldato
What would we charge a UK person with if they went over there and fought for ISIS? We should charge her with the same. By supporting their fighters she was just as much part of their war machine as someone carrying a gun. Unfortunately I would not be surprised if we wouldn't charge a fighter or her.

Oh come on its not remotely the same.

Soldato
A victim of grooming or not, she remains a threat to the UK, however as far I am aware we cant refuse her entry as a British Citizen.

If she turns up at Heathrow airport today, immigration HAVE to let her in.

I believe that her citizenship can only be removed if it does not leave her stateless.

From the BBC article quoting the security minister they've basically said they couldn't stop her returning back to the UK, but they're not going to aid her in her return. If she can make her own way to a safe harbouring country then they'll "see what they can do from there".

Citizenship can be removed leaving you stateless, they've done that with other IS fighters, in her case though they don't have any evidence of her fighting, just supporting a terrorist group, which she could (and should) well be prosecuted for on her return.

Soldato
She can rot out there as far as I'm concerned. Even if she was a naive little schoolgirl. So blizzare that she now wants to use the NHS to ensure she has a healthy baby. I wouldn't have a problem if the baby was allowed home (without mum) to be put in an adoption program though, it's not it's fault the mother is a ****.

Totally agree with your stance on this.

Associate
She should be allowed back in, arrested and tried for her crimes imo.

Oh come on, stop with the PC crap. You know exactly what he means, you just want him to say it so you can be 'outraged'.

No, she should not be allowed back in, it shouldn't even be up for debate. If however she is allowed back in, then make sure she never sees life outside a prison cell. Baby can be put up for adoption to a good family.

Knowing the state of the UK, I can imagine she'll be allowed back in, gets a slap on the wrist, full housing + benefits paid by the tax payer. Welcome to 2019.

Soldato
Oh come on, stop with the PC crap. You know exactly what he means, you just want him to say it so you can be 'outraged'.

It's not "PC crap" though, is it? He's quoting someone who has applied a blanket judgement to a group of people - most of whom are not part of ISIS or remotely close to it.

Soldato
I'd like the idea of bringing her back with no charges against her, giving her a home and the care due as a standard citizen.

Just so I can sit back and watch the fireworks from some people imploding over the mere thought of that happening. It'd be fun.

Soldato

This is a tough one for me, I'm leaning towards Trustys argument as for me, she was essentially groomed however the lack of remorse and regret is worrying. She should be allowed back in, arrested and tried for her crimes imo.

What's to "clarify" you do know that Birmingham is full of nut jobs like it?

Soldato
What has she actually done wrong?

Supporting a terrorist group.

There have been plenty of people in the UK charged and imprisoned for supporting terrorist groups, regardless of whether they were actually bomb making, spouting propaganda or even doing intelligence gathering - ok you could argue those people committed those acts on UK soil, but just because she supported a terrorist group from another country shouldn't mean she 'gets away with it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom