Idiot girl who fled to Syria wants to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Supporting a terrorist group.

There have been plenty of people in the UK charged and imprisoned for supporting terrorist groups, regardless of whether they were actually bomb making, spouting propaganda or even doing intelligence gathering - ok you could argue those people committed those acts on UK soil, but just because she supported a terrorist group from another country shouldn't mean she 'gets away with it'.

We hanged Lord Haw Haw, and all he did was talk!

She would (to at least some extent) have actually been physically involved in ISIS activities...

Permabanned
Supporting a terrorist group.

There have been plenty of people in the UK charged and imprisoned for supporting terrorist groups, regardless of whether they were actually bomb making, spouting propaganda or even doing intelligence gathering - ok you could argue those people committed those acts on UK soil, but just because she supported a terrorist group from another country shouldn't mean she 'gets away with it'.

Then she should be investigated for evidence of your allegations. Not sure she has actually done anything wrong as such.

Soldato
I'd like the idea of bringing her back with no charges against her, giving her a home and the care due as a standard citizen.

Just so I can sit back and watch the fireworks from some people imploding over the mere thought of that happening. It'd be fun.

Yeah this attitude is why there's a Conservative government, Brexit's happening, and Trump won. Maybe show less disdain towards your fellow citizens.

Soldato
Yeah this attitude is why there's a Conservative government, Brexit's happening, and Trump won. Maybe show less disdain towards your fellow citizens.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't (and don't) have that sort of attitude on anything of a large scale as the examples you gave. But with the Liberty of one person however, I just find amusing.

Permabanned
Outside of the technicalities of if she has or hasn't do anything 'wrong'.

Do you believe that she is a security risk to the UK ?

Possibly yes, I would be worried about radicalisation and think she should be investigated thoroughly. Which I believe the authorities have said would happen.

I dont believe she should be excluded from the UK based on little more than "feels" as she is a British Citizen.

Soldato
Oh come on, stop with the PC crap. You know exactly what he means, you just want him to say it so you can be 'outraged'.

No, she should not be allowed back in, it shouldn't even be up for debate. If however she is allowed back in, then make sure she never sees life outside a prison cell. Baby can be put up for adoption to a good family.

Knowing the state of the UK, I can imagine she'll be allowed back in, gets a slap on the wrist, full housing + benefits paid by the tax payer. Welcome to 2019.

It seems to me its you whos outraged tbh. Im not being PC at all, you are however because you and the other poster i wont even acknowledge just skirt around what you actually think...you wont ever post it.

Soldato
I've got very mixed feelings about this. My gut instinct is to say leave her there but offer to take the baby back to the UK. She made her bed and it's time to lay in it. But she was a child herself when she made the decision, and presumably influenced, so I do feel compassion for her and part of me wants to say we should offer to bring her back. If she were showing genuine regret then I would say that.

Unfortunately she is showing no regret at all. She is an adult now and responsible for her actions at this point. She is a threat to the UK and can't simply be accepted back here to live a free life again. I think we do need to show some compassion because she was a child when she made the earlier decision. So after some consideration I think we should offer to take the child back, but only to take her back if she is prosecuted for terrorism or treason (does that exist now?) and therefore serves a very lengthy sentence in prison.
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter tbh.

The only other consideration is, we do want people to leave IS - so allowing people a method of 'redemption' is important for those who wish to stop fighting us.

However, we also can't allow people to think joining IS is a risk free affair & they can come back home as soon as it turns out messy.

Soldato
British citizen , popular opinion like it or not she'll be coming home , eventually .

I believe joining a known terrorist organisation is a criminal offence in the UK , is it not in Syria ? Can she not be extradited back to Syria once she is back in the UK to answer for her crimes ?

How did 3 fifteen year-old girls travel without the parents permissions ?

Why have the parents not been held accountable , sorry I don't understand how you can be brainwashed or radicalised from your own bedroom .

I'm suspecting and knowing the area that the parents don't speak much if any English at all . I grew up "on the Roman " ( area of Bethnal Green )as a kid and there was no attempt from the Pakistani or Bangladeshi community to assimilate into UK culture whatsoever.

Where was Prevent in all of this and the schools . It just all stinks .

Man of Honour
No. There is no remorse, no regret. The only reason she wants to come back now is because things are going pear shaped. If someone had left Britain and moved to Berlin and married a Nazi officer, then asked to come back, I would also say no. Now you can argue the case that its a different situation because we were at war with Germany, but we are at war with ISIS, its just a different kind of war.

Soldato
This is the girl that recruited those three others to join ISIS after she left the UK and the school knew and the police knew and they did very little to protect others from being radicalised at the school. based on that alone I have zero faith shes going to be handle appropriately if she does return. Probably just get a slap on the wrist.

Soldato
This is the girl that recruited those three others to join ISIS after she left the UK and the school knew and the police knew and they did very little to protect others from being radicalised at the school. based on that alone I have zero faith shes going to be handle appropriately if she does return. Probably just get a slap on the wrist.

She'll be handled with kid gloves and treated like a victim.

She's no victim. She's a traitor to the crown & enemy of the state. It's a crying shame that treason no longer carries the death penalty.

Soldato
British citizen , popular opinion like it or not she'll be coming home , eventually .

I believe joining a known terrorist organisation is a criminal offence in the UK , is it not in Syria ? Can she not be extradited back to Syria once she is back in the UK to answer for her crimes ?

How did 3 fifteen year-old girls travel without the parents permissions ?

Why have the parents not been held accountable , sorry I don't understand how you can be brainwashed or radicalised from your own bedroom .

I'm suspecting and knowing the area that the parents don't speak much if any English at all . I grew up "on the Roman " ( area of Bethnal Green )as a kid and there was no attempt from the Pakistani or Bangladeshi community to assimilate into UK culture whatsoever.

Where was Prevent in all of this and the schools . It just all stinks .

I agree, the parents need looking at however ofcourse you can be brainwashed from your own bedroom. Girls are regularly groomed via the internet, its similar really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom