• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

It'd be good to hear how your VII compares on air against when it's blocked, Achievable clocks & voltages, I was going to do a custom build after the Ryzen 3000 releases but I'm wondering if I should bother including the VII, In fact if I don't intend to put a block on the VII I might not bother at all as my 2700x is cooled with a GTX 100i AIO and temps are really good at 4.25ghz so if my VII's not worth it I may stick the AIO on the Ryzen 3000.
Just to give an idea what my Vega 64 with the ek block daily. 1677mhz 1120mv, 1100mhz hbm @ +50% power. Once the loop equalized the temps where 35c core, max I ever saw was last summer when we had one it managed to hit 42c with the raised ambient temperature. Hot spot was around 50c and the hbm tended to be 2-3c hotter than the core. I used those setting as they where liquid card clocks on a standard card with an under volt and hbm oc too.
With a block it reduces the temps so reduces power, so you should be able to run a said clock at a little less voltage on water or push the clock a little more. I like to try and achieve a little of both.
As for my 2700x, I'm using it at stock for gaming, but did have a little play to go for a cinebench number. 4.4ghz and it smashed the 2000 point barrier!
So water is worth it if you don't mind the big outlay to get started!?

Seems you cannot use the Fully Loaded game code until you've installed the card as the website magically checks your hardware... thought I could get that done beforehand, oh well :)

Doesn't seem right to me. I claimed and added res 2 on my 2400g browsing rig without issue.

After I entered the code it popped up a message saying it couldn't detect a 590, Radeon Vega or VII. There was a link to follow if you though it was wrong but TBH I figured I can wait a day until I have the card.

Maybe a browser difference? I'm using Chrome.

After I entered the code it popped up a message saying it couldn't detect a 590, Radeon Vega or VII. There was a link to follow if you though it was wrong but TBH I figured I can wait a day until I have the card.

Maybe a browser difference? I'm using Chrome.
Ah OK, did you have an AMD rewards account? I've got the 2nd game to try and claim tomorrow so let's see how that goes on the 2400g again then!?

Seems you cannot use the Fully Loaded game code until you've installed the card as the website magically checks your hardware... thought I could get that done beforehand, oh well :)

I built a machine at Christmas including an 590 for my 12 year old nephew. Due to the nature of the 3 games and his age I decided to use the codes myself but when I signed up for the rewards I had the same problem due to having a GTX1080. I could have gone round my sisters and used his machine to sign up on but I ended up buying a Radeon 7 so now have the codes.

Is that what you typed in as the settings or what you get it running at?
Voltage at 1134mv with the stock cooler? Wow! Is it just me or is that way too high on air?
I've gone in the opposite direction, at stock mines 1066mv but I have it at 1033 mv, I increased it a little over 1066mv to do some overclocking tests but it didn't really help stability & I wasn't willing to push as far as 1100mv or more plus I prefer low noise levels so I've settled at 1849 on the core with 1025mv & 1080 on the memory, I can put the memory at up to 1200 but it gets hot & it's not 100% stable in everything as it depends on the game I'm playing so 1849/1080 seems to be the sweet spot for stability, heat, noise & performance as it usually stays above 1800mhz like that. I've limited my fan to a max of 61% but it only goes that fast occasionally.

It's what I put in. Just got a new FS graphics score of 32388 yesterday. Put in 2130/1200@1175mv w/ 100% fanspeed. It ran at 2119/1247 according to Wattman with a peak Tjunction of 84*. I put all of my results in that spreadsheet btw.

I have to bring that down for Superposition though. I brought it down to 2025/1200 @ 1134mv which got me 8777 in Superposition 4KOptimized. I'm rocking this profile as my daily which got me 99.4% stable in FS stress test. I don't care about fan noise so much. I plan on gaming with sound on and even at 75% fanspeed it's real quiet compared to the 290 I came from.

It's what I put in. Just got a new FS graphics score of 32388 yesterday. Put in 2130/1200@1175mv w/ 100% fanspeed. It ran at 2119/1247 according to Wattman with a peak Tjunction of 84*. I put all of my results in that spreadsheet btw.

I have to bring that down for Superposition though. I brought it down to 2025/1200 @ 1134mv which got me 8777 in Superposition 4KOptimized. I'm rocking this profile as my daily which got me 99.4% stable in FS stress test. I don't care about fan noise so much. I plan on gaming with sound on and even at 75% fanspeed it's real quiet compared to the 290 I came from.
Sound to be impressive numbers. Quite high voltages for air I'd think. Can i ask what your cards default voltage is in wattman as it differs from card to card.

I actually haven't checked that 'cuz I immediately took the cooler off and lapped it and began overclocking. Do you just reset the Watttman profile? I guess the peak would be 1104mv.

I actually haven't checked that 'cuz I immediately took the cooler off and lapped it and began overclocking. Do you just reset the Watttman profile? I guess the peak would be 1104mv.
Ye, just restart and check what the voltage is @ 1802mhz. There's been a difference of around 50mv on whats been written on this owners page. My card uses 1074mv out of the box. I've just finished my rebuilt this morning, now waiting on a water block to go on sale!

Is that with +20 power limit increase as well?

Back
Top Bottom