• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Permabanned
Ye, its the data rate so the amount of data the file has. The worst thing about recording at a nice high bitrates is if you where to update to YouTube they heavily reduced the quality. I've used google drive in the past to share the file at original recorded quality.
So if you where to host on YouTube ect, I'd maybe leave it at 30mbps.

That's helpful, Cheers.
SpRad_ThumbsUp

Soldato
Hi, Did it improve the visual quality much? I'm presuming that's what it does.

It will also depend a lot on the game. I tested out the settings for a planned walkthrough, but in DotA 2, and for that going above 25 mbps was well into diminishing returns, visually, @ 4K60. I imagine that the more foliage/greenery there is in the game, the more helpful upping the bitrate will be.

Permabanned
It will also depend a lot on the game. I tested out the settings for a planned walkthrough, but in DotA 2, and for that going above 25 mbps was well into diminishing returns, visually, @ 4K60. I imagine that the more foliage/greenery there is in the game, the more helpful upping the bitrate will be.

That's what I was wondering as I'm getting visual degredation in fast paced racing games like F1 2018, Dirt & so on.

Caporegime
That's what I was wondering as I'm getting visual degredation in fast paced racing games like F1 2018, Dirt & so on.

Hi, I haven't read too much of the thread but I find above the recommended bitrate settings in Google's guide to be better, especially for faster paced footage.

BTW, have you received your replacement R7 yet?

Permabanned
Hi, I haven't read too much of the thread but I find above the recommended bitrate settings in Google's guide to be better, especially for faster paced footage.

BTW, have you received your replacement R7 yet?

Cheers for the info, I've got the card back now but I'm trouble shooting at the moment as there's still issues.

Associate
I think instead of washers just undo the 4 screws and tighten up a turn each screw in a criss cross pattern would have the same effect. just tightening down one screw at a time will not allow the heatsink to sit flat on the core.

Looks like you are 85% right mate. I'm getting 87-89C in the same benchs same clocks than before. Just 2-3C more while using the washers.

Associate
Only been playing Ghost recon wildlands on mine since I installed it Saturday and I am getting roughly the same FPS at 4k as I was getting at 2k on my GTX 1080.
Have played around with the fan curve and undervolting and it is not getting too loud but when I go into inventry or game menu the fan ramps up which is annoying.
Is this common in other games or just a bug with this one?

Associate
I assume they are around 100 pooonds right?
Seems worth it to shut this thing up, it sounds like a washing machine with a vacuum cleaner with 4 hair dryers inside in
$108.02 Delivered, then you might get hit for the following:
And a handling charge too on top as well as weeks of waiting. The EKWB block would be the same money at the end of the month I'd think.

Importing a product classified with HS Code 0306.17.9100 to GB from CN with a value of 90.06 USD results in the following:

Duty & Tax Charges
Duty: 0 GBP (Rate of 0 %)

VAT: 16.4 GBP (Rate of 20 %)

Total: 16.4 GBP

Your Total Landed Cost Calculation
Value of Goods: 90.06 USD

Duty: 0 GBP

VAT: 16.4 GBP

Shipping: 17.96 USD

Insurance: 0 USD

Total: 98.37 GBP

This was calculated using an exchange rate: USD:GBP 0.7589

Associate
Mine's really not bad noise wise, running 1440p uw at 100fps. Better than my old 980ti blower. The caps definitely help, as does under volting. Card runs better under volted like others here too. Nowhere near as good add others in this thread though, haven't been able to undervolt/overclock like some!

Not sure it's worth the watery block yet.. not sure if my card can even overclock!

Back
Top Bottom