• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Loz

Loz

Associate
Gigabyte Waterforce 2080Ti RMA’d 18 Feb. From install it was showing occasional bright coloured flashing artefacts when running BF5 in RTX. Wasn’t enough to worry me at first thinking it could be a driver issue, but when it also started showing similarly with Metro Exodus, I thought there must be a problem. Then it started “stalling” in a strange way. The frame rate would fall to 1FPS. Game was still running but seemingly without a GPU. Eventually it was blue screening constantly. Gigabyte have had it for 3 weeks and have admitted defeat. OCUK is sending me a replacement today and I’m just hoping this one will be ok.
Been repaired by Gigabyte and returned. All ok so far.

OBH

OBH

Associate
RMA my 2080ti on 14/03 after less than 3 weeks. Space invader artifacts. Just awaiting for another one to be sent out to me.
Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Soldato
Just an update on my Palit 2060.

I was getting regular black screens but following a BIOS update on my MSI motherboard, they seemed to become far less frequent. I decided to persevere but then this morning...

g0B8241.jpg

I guess it is now time to send it back :(

Associate
RMA'd my RTX 2060 Founders Edition 2 months to the day from purchase. The fan furthest away from the back plate made a sort of rattling noise that whilst not loud it was constant and you could definitely hear it when the room was quiet and it was SOOO irritating as it sort of rattled inside the case. I took everything out of the case and I could still notice it all the time that I wasn't using something with audio. It sounds a bit pedantic but I use my PC a lot with no audio going on and it was driving me crazy, I can deal with regular fan noise as it's part of the deal but this was just a particular noise and I just couldn't get it out of my head.

Anyway did the online chat thing via Nvidia and they asked a couple of questions and them arranged the RMA the same day. Fedex picked up from my house and Nvidia have covered the postage (to Amsterdam) both ways. I am awaiting my repair/replacement so I will update this when it has been received. Can't complain with how they have handled it in any way, so far.

Man of Honour
OP
RMA'd my RTX 2060 Founders Edition 2 months to the day from purchase. The fan furthest away from the back plate made a sort of rattling noise that whilst not loud it was constant and you could definitely hear it when the room was quiet and it was SOOO irritating as it sort of rattled inside the case. I took everything out of the case and I could still notice it all the time that I wasn't using something with audio. It sounds a bit pedantic but I use my PC a lot with no audio going on and it was driving me crazy, I can deal with regular fan noise as it's part of the deal but this was just a particular noise and I just couldn't get it out of my head.

Anyway did the online chat thing via Nvidia and they asked a couple of questions and them arranged the RMA the same day. Fedex picked up from my house and Nvidia have covered the postage (to Amsterdam) both ways. I am awaiting my repair/replacement so I will update this when it has been received. Can't complain with how they have handled it in any way, so far.

Sorry to hear about your card, hope all goes well with the RMA, added to the OP.

Associate
Sorry to hear about your card, hope all goes well with the RMA, added to the OP.

Well I got my replacement today from Nvidia. It's a brand new card, or at least it appears to be from what I can tell, which given it was only a fan issue seems a bit extravagant but hey ho I shan't complain. It took 12 days all in from them picking it up at my house to it being redelivered, and considering it went to Amsterdam and back (via Paris, London, and Newcastle for some reason!) that's not bad at all.

I have installed it and it sounds like it should, yes there is fan noise up close but it's the expected fan noise rather than the weird noise that it was emitting before. Time will tell if it stays that way but I can't really expect anything more at this point.

All in all can't complain at all. My fault wasn't like the others so it's maybe not particularly representative of those with space invaders, etc but it's worth posting about the experience nonetheless I guess. Hopefully it just works now :D

Permabanned
I have to say that, more worryingly as a new 2080ti owner, this is an awful lot of returns here for £1000 plus cards.

Edit- I see my Palit has Samsung memory which seems to be a good thing fail wise?

Associate
I have to say that, more worryingly as a new 2080ti owner, this is an awful lot of returns here for £1000 plus cards.

Edit- I see my Palit has Samsung memory which seems to be a good thing fail wise?

Yeah it does look a bit alarming for the highest end cards which are astronomical sums of money. I guess its tough to really know though given the sample size on here, and its not like Nvidia are going to volunteer the numbers!

Im more worried that Navi might make those of us who bought RTX cards, even my lowly 2060, look a bit silly if they can deliver the price/performance that is rumoured lately. Obviously it's entirely speculation until the numbers are real but interesting times ahead.

Associate
Bought a zotac 2080ti amp! from a competitor in November. Developed a fault where it would need reinstalling every reboot so sent back three weeks ago. Supplier gave full refund so bought a Strix OC which after two weeks started showing space invader artifacts so have returned for a refund. Just ordered an inno3d ichill from here so fingers crossed third time lucky!

Permabanned
Yeah it does look a bit alarming for the highest end cards which are astronomical sums of money. I guess its tough to really know though given the sample size on here, and its not like Nvidia are going to volunteer the numbers!

Im more worried that Navi might make those of us who bought RTX cards, even my lowly 2060, look a bit silly if they can deliver the price/performance that is rumoured lately. Obviously it's entirely speculation until the numbers are real but interesting times ahead.

I very much doubt they will make me regret buying my 2080ti. Last couple of times its been rumoured they have had powerhouses coming its been underwhelming to say the least.

Associate
Bought a zotac 2080ti amp! from a competitor in November. Developed a fault where it would need reinstalling every reboot so sent back three weeks ago. Supplier gave full refund so bought a Strix OC which after two weeks started showing space invader artifacts so have returned for a refund. Just ordered an inno3d ichill from here so fingers crossed third time lucky!
Thats crap man - cant believe these shenaningans are still going on. Good luck with your new card.

Soldato
Would it not be beneficial if when posting you mentioned the Release Date as shown in GPU-Z to get an idea of when these were made. eg just had a Gigabyte 2080ti with a Release of Aug 2018 and it was faulty, screen corruption, blue screens and space invaders. It was a b grade so bit of a lottery.

Got a brand new EVGA Black coming on Saturday so fingers crossed.

Associate
Would it not be beneficial if when posting you mentioned the Release Date as shown in GPU-Z to get an idea of when these were made. eg just had a Gigabyte 2080ti with a Release of Aug 2018 and it was faulty, screen corruption, blue screens and space invaders. It was a b grade so bit of a lottery.

Got a brand new EVGA Black coming on Saturday so fingers crossed.

Possibly yeah but it does only show the year right? I dunno about the one I RMAd to be honest, I looked at the screen a hundred times but I cannot be sure what it said. My replacement looks at follows but this isnt much use now :)

PvWV0O6.jpg

Soldato
Possibly yeah but it does only show the year right? I dunno about the one I RMAd to be honest, I looked at the screen a hundred times but I cannot be sure what it said. My replacement looks at follows but this isnt much use now :)

Must depend on the BIOS info, my Gigabyte 2080ti said "August 2018", below is my 1080ti and it shows the full date. Considering my faulty one was Aug 2018 and your 2060 is 2019 does that mean 2019 cards are fine ?? Still would be interesting to compile the information.

8gb.png

Associate
I must admit I haven't been following developments lately since washing my hands of my artifacting FE's and forcing a refund out of nVidia.

Are recent 2080Ti (and other RTX) cards still failing?

Back
Top Bottom