• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Man of Honour
OP
2080 Ti Faults

Date 18/03/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Palit, Model Gaming Pro, Problem Space invaders fault, OBH Link
Date 15/03/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Asus, Model Strix, Problem Game crashes at 2160p and Space invaders fault, whitestar85 Link
Date 14/03/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Gigabyte, Model Waterforce, Problem Flashing artefacts, game crashes and blue screens, Loz Link
Date 09/02/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Asus, Model Strix, Problem Space invaders artefacts, jdawber85 Link
Date 09/02/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Zotac, Model Amp Edition, Problem Space invader artifacts, scorchisio Link
Date 07/02/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor EVGA, Model FTW3, Problem Horizontal lines across screen, RSR Link
Date 01/01/2019, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Inno3d, Model X2 OC, Problem Great white splotches and then card hangs, bluebird Link
Date 28/12/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor NVidia, Model Founders Edition, Problem Replacement card game crashes artifacts and system freezes, ArmitageShanks Link
Date 28/12/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Asus, Model Strix, Problem Driver crashes under load, Preden Link
Date 25/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Zotac, Model Amp Edition, Problem Game crashes and artifacts, Beeney Link
Date 19/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Gigabyte, Model Aorus Xtreme, Problem Playing COD, game running but no sound, scubes Link
Date 16/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Gigabyte, Model Gaming, Problem Black screens and game crashes, NeoVo Link
Date 09/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Inno3d, Model X2 OC, Problem Fans slow artifacts freezes and crashes, bluebird Link
Date 09/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor Gainward, Model Phoenix GS, Problem Artifacts stutter and black screens, Gripen90 Link
Date 08/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor NVidia, Model Founders Edition, Problem Game crashes artifacts and system freezes, ArmitageShanks Link
Date 06/11/2018, Card 2080 Ti, Vendor NVidia, Model Founders Edition, Problem Drivers crashes and error messages, ltron Link

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
2060 Faults

Date 06/04/2019, Card 2060, Vendor NVidia, Model Founders Edition, Problem Unusual fan rattle, Double07 Link
Date 16/03/2019, Card 2060, Vendor Palit, Model StormX, Problem Random black screens, Charlie Bravo Link
Date 14/03/2019, Card 2060, Vendor Gigabyte, Model Windforce, Problem Bad fan rattle and erratic speeds, chickadee Link

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
Well my Gainward RTX 2080Ti Phoenix Golden Sample which I got monday this week also decided it wanted to be RMA'ed. Suddenly today wanting to game, it would display star flashing like artifacts in all different colours - looking like something on a christmas tree, and afterward the image would stutter to a halt and the then black screen, and then only a hard reset would get me back into windows. The card has now been packed and I'm awaiting an RMA number....

My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC knocking on wood still lives.

Sorry to hear about your card.

List updated.

Man of Honour
OP
Inno3d 2080ti x2 OC

Ran for 4 days - reached 84-85c in games but fans never went to 100% -= stayed about 50%

5th day or so, began to get random coloured blocks on the screen and the game freezing or giving Fatal DirectX Error 11000002

6th day, PC began to reboot or shutdown during games. Between reboots, large areas of screen turned into minecraft mess of coloured squares.

Hope all goes well with the RMA.

Added to the list.

Man of Honour
OP
My Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti (arrived 10 days ago) started playing up today.
I applied the gigabyte bios update for the GPU on day 1, no problems until today.

Black screens started to appear in games, causing them to crash. Frequently the game audio could be heard still going on in the background. More often then not; task manager wasn't available to end task resulting in the need to hard reboot.
On occasions my machine would restart then at the windows login screen; black screen would occur followed by no signal messages (both screens).

Safe mode was accessible so I tried to revert the driver; to no avail.

Plugged my gtx 980ti back in, back in business.
Plugged rtx 2080ti back in, after reseating this appeared to work normally for 2 hours before black screens/hard resets.

I also had a GPU/ no signal crash using Excel!

Gamers Nexus has uploaded a video explaining that this appears to be widely reported on higher refresh rate monitors (G sync and non g sync) and multi monitor setups (I have both).
I updated my Aorus RGB software from v1.46 to v1.47 (now that I think of this I'm thinking this could be a likely contribute); I will uninstall this tomorrow and give it another try before RMA'ing.
I RMA'd my Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti middle of last week; Refund ackowledgement was processed promptly - funds yet to reach my account.

Nvidia have apparently admitted fault with the founders edition card, of which mine isnt. Maybe just bad luck?

Very sorry to hear about your card.

OP list updated.

Man of Honour
OP
My Zotac 2080to amp had for 2 weeks started fine but few days ago started crashing and now getting artifacts all over screen, reinstalling drivers etc etc with no joy, so will be RMA tomorrow hopefully a d I’ll be requesting a different brand if I can if not I’ll just get a replacement

Awk come on plz I wanted a zotac this round is defo me out now

Yes mate gigabyte arous 2080ti extreme no OC on Card.

Both cards added to the OP list.

Hope everything goes quickly and well with the RMA.

Man of Honour
OP
Allegedly ram but highly doubting 2 ram manufacturers are sending dodgy ram to nvidia. If these are supposedly "test boards" that got into retail (cough bs cough) then it could really be any part of the card.

I don't think it is RAM as the artefacts are always spread evenly across the screen on all the examples I have seen.

Also if it was RAM why are the artefacts always space invader types?

Whatever it is it seems to be something that has a global effect, it could even be a dodgy batch of GPU chips.

Man of Honour
OP
Well if we're waiting on nvidia telling us the truth we may as well wait til doomsday. They're peddling this "small amount of test boards" ******** even though it affects cards not using their pcb. Gamers nexus was speculating it could well be an issue in the gpu silicon as well.

I think it could be the GPU silicon as the 2080 and 2070 also use the same GDDR6 memory and have much lower failure rates.

Back
Top Bottom