• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Associate
No, only that RMA's are within "Normal levels" which I think is complete BS. Microsoft threw out that line back in the 360 days & we know now that they were running around like headless chickens trying to figure out why

Loz

Loz

Associate
Gigabyte Waterforce 2080Ti RMA’d 18 Feb. From install it was showing occasional bright coloured flashing artefacts when running BF5 in RTX. Wasn’t enough to worry me at first thinking it could be a driver issue, but when it also started showing similarly with Metro Exodus, I thought there must be a problem. Then it started “stalling” in a strange way. The frame rate would fall to 1FPS. Game was still running but seemingly without a GPU. Eventually it was blue screening constantly. Gigabyte have had it for 3 weeks and have admitted defeat. OCUK is sending me a replacement today and I’m just hoping this one will be ok.

Associate
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2060 for me, the fan was constantly making a rattle noise, it was horrific, so annoying. At 50c the fans turn on but because the fans are off prior to 50c the card idled around 49c so the fans would spin up and spin down non stop and it was SO loud and distracting! Send it back for a refund, going to go for something from another company now.

Man of Honour
OP
Gigabyte Waterforce 2080Ti RMA’d 18 Feb. From install it was showing occasional bright coloured flashing artefacts when running BF5 in RTX. Wasn’t enough to worry me at first thinking it could be a driver issue, but when it also started showing similarly with Metro Exodus, I thought there must be a problem. Then it started “stalling” in a strange way. The frame rate would fall to 1FPS. Game was still running but seemingly without a GPU. Eventually it was blue screening constantly. Gigabyte have had it for 3 weeks and have admitted defeat. OCUK is sending me a replacement today and I’m just hoping this one will be ok.

Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2060 for me, the fan was constantly making a rattle noise, it was horrific, so annoying. At 50c the fans turn on but because the fans are off prior to 50c the card idled around 49c so the fans would spin up and spin down non stop and it was SO loud and distracting! Send it back for a refund, going to go for something from another company now.

Very sorry to hear about your cards.

Thread updated.

Soldato
Has there been any official word on what's causing these failures yet? Early speculation pointed towards issues with DDR6 but I've seen seen anything in tech press about this since November.
With great power comes great army of Space Invaders :p

The more powerful a RTX card is, the higher the failure rate I suppose (particularly the higher the memory clock).

Associate
15 x 2080Ti’s listed so far, which isn’t actually that bad over nearly 6 months.

15 x 2080 Ti's vs 1 x 2080 and 0 x 2070's doesn't look great to me for me the 2080 Ti, unless 15x as many 2080 Ti's than 2080's have sold to members here. For every 2000 series failure logged on this thread, it's a safe bet that x others are going unreported.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
To be fair some had several replacements that failed too. One has had 4 fail.

True, but 4 of the cards listed belonged to 2 people.

I just think that if the issue is as bad as some people have made it out to be I’d expect to see 50+ listed on here, if they're all shagged, as others have so eloquently put it.

Don’t get me wrong, there appears to be an issue with a few cards but that’s why I opted for one with a 5 year warranty, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom