**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
Has anyone noticed with the latest update that sometimes when you haven't used the camera for a while, the first picture taken either turns very blue or very yellow/orange once you take it? The next picture taken is always fine.

Soldato
Has anyone noticed with the latest update that sometimes when you haven't used the camera for a while, the first picture taken either turns very blue or very yellow/orange once you take it? The next picture taken is always fine.
Yes I have encountered this very same problem. I suspected it was down to some sort of White Balance mis-calculation but who knows. It isn't just the camera app as such either. As you say when you first take a photo after a while it does it and on other apps as well i.e. whatsapp etc

Soldato
Another thing I've noticed, surprised it took this long actually. If I use my quick gestures (except the camera one) it unlocks my 6T, surely that has to be a design flaw somewhere? Just for example, I have the 'S' gesture set to open Spotify and sure enough it does. However a quick press of Home or Back and I'm straight into my desktop. I have made sure to do it away from my face so I know it's not face unlocking.
This would also explain why the phone has been unlocking in my pocket, even with pocket mode. My 'M' and 'W' gestures also do it.

Associate
Another thing I've noticed, surprised it took this long actually. If I use my quick gestures (except the camera one) it unlocks my 6T, surely that has to be a design flaw somewhere? Just for example, I have the 'S' gesture set to open Spotify and sure enough it does. However a quick press of Home or Back and I'm straight into my desktop. I have made sure to do it away from my face so I know it's not face unlocking.
This would also explain why the phone has been unlocking in my pocket, even with pocket mode. My 'M' and 'W' gestures also do it.
Not happened to me even once on this update using O and M gestures for apps (Play Music and Dialer).

Soldato
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from my S7E to a 6T. The difference is night and day, a massive improvement in every single area. It's quick, stupidly quick. I watched a couple of videos and read through some stuff on reddit about setting up the phone - anything obvious missing or other recommendations on top of the list below?

Setup navigation bar & gestures - way better than the fixed navigation bar
Setup quick gestures
Turned on 'quickly turn on camera'
Turned on all of the ambient display options

Applications:

Sync (instead of Reddit app)
Gboard

I'm also planning to download Gcam or whatever the latest alternative is.

Official karbon protective case should be arriving today too.

Soldato
How are you guys getting on with the fingerprint scanner? Fast enough/annoying ? Could get this second hand.
No issues for me. It's definitely quick. If your digits are in anyway damp/dirty/greasy it can be a bit finicky.
That being said mine is currently up on the bay :p (nothing against the quality of the phone or anything) but I just found it a little on the large side for my liking. Ended up getting the S10e this week.

Soldato
How are you guys getting on with the fingerprint scanner? Fast enough/annoying ? Could get this second hand.

I'm only a day into using it and it's quick for me. Obviously not as quick as face unlock (which is insanely rapid) but it's a lot quicker than my S7 Edge. It seems to work pretty much all the time too, certainly not as hit & miss as it was made out to be by reviewers etc.

Soldato
Yup. I was very tempted to go back to a Pixel 3 XL last week when they had £125 off... but there are a few things on the Mate 20 Pro I would really miss, like the really reliable and fast face unlock. (Then only Android that currently does it 'properly')

Caporegime
I've been using a patched gcam app for my phone, much better than the stock app. Shame you can't force it to be default when you double press power.

Associate
My 6t was delivered yesterday and I am loving it.

I gave my wife my 3 last November when I picked up a Nokia 6.1 Plus (which is a bloody good budget phone, by the way) but wanted to get back on the OnePlus horse.

Really didn't fancy the rumoured popup front camera of the 7 and found a great deal on the 6t (£28/24 months, with 9GB data) so decided to jump on it!

It's a big step up from the 3 (and a GIANT step up from the Nokia) and the screen is gorgeous. really impressed with the fact that it's only a tiny bit bigger, overall, than the 3 with alomst an inch more display space.

FPS seems to be working well, but I think the face unlock is kcking in too quickly sometimes. Either way, the handset unlocks quickly and easily (and the animation for the FPS is awesome). Will see how it goes and whether I have to rescan my pads.

Haven't had much of a play with the camera, so far, but with two photogenic kids who demand I document their idiocy it'll get a good workout. Will take a look at gcam if the stock app has troubles :)

Soldato
Tempted by a 6T deal on EE for £33 a month, £0 upfront with 30gb data. Do people think that's a good deal?

Also, does anyone have case recommendations?

Associate
Tempted by a 6T deal on EE for £33 a month, £0 upfront with 30gb data. Do people think that's a good deal?

Also, does anyone have case recommendations?

Yes!

£5 more than I got mine for, but triple the data. So if you think you'll use the data then it's a great deal as it's a lovely phone. Have had mine for a week and (bearing in mind I'm a former OnePlus owner) keep finding cool little things about it that I love. Plus, given it will have OS and security updates for the lifetime of the contract (although to be fair mine is 2 monthly security updates behind, at the moment) then it will last well.

Really glad I picked mine up as it appeals to me much more than the 7 (seriously, a pop up camera!!??) and when the contract expires 5G and foldable phones may actually be achievable :)

Soldato
Thinking about getting this as my contract expires and I've just smashed my s7 screen, doh!!

Always wanted a oneplus phone.

Vodafone currently offering 15GB data for £35pm, I can get better elsewhere it seems?!

Back
Top Bottom