**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
Cheers for all the tips. Went with the manual zip download in the end. Is it necessary to boot into recovery after install and wipe the cache as per XDA recommendation?
Also, does anyone know what the colour code is for the Orange accent in the McLaren edition?
*Edit* Apologies I just wanted to ask the question while I was on but a quick Google soon found it - #ff9f34 for anyone that's interested.

Soldato
To same be trawling through this whole thread could anyone tell me how they're getting on with no notification light (and any solutions) as well as the under screen fingerprint reader?

I'm debating whether or not get the non-T version as the notification light is kinda important and i'm used to a super fast fingerprint reader.

Thanks

Soldato
To same be trawling through this whole thread could anyone tell me how they're getting on with no notification light (and any solutions) as well as the under screen fingerprint reader?

I'm debating whether or not get the non-T version as the notification light is kinda important and i'm used to a super fast fingerprint reader.

Thanks

If you're on the fence, I would get the 6 - it's a first generation product (the UDFS), so it is going to be slower than you're used to. It's also, from what I've read and heard, quite fiddly, and will miss read your print a fair amount. It's what ultimately lead me to getting a different phone.

Great ideas, but the features aren't polished enough yet.

Soldato
If you're on the fence, I would get the 6 - it's a first generation product (the UDFS), so it is going to be slower than you're used to. It's also, from what I've read and heard, quite fiddly, and will miss read your print a fair amount. It's what ultimately lead me to getting a different phone.

Thanks for that. Are there any other differences between the two devices (screen, camera, software etc.)?

Soldato
Thanks for that. Are there any other differences between the two devices (screen, camera, software etc.)?

I think they're otherwise on par - the battery is larger on the 6T, but display is roughly the same (except for the notch, of course).

Software wise - they seem to be getting the same treatment, if the 6T gets a new feature, the 6 will generally join in too (at least, from what I read on GSMArena)

Soldato

I'm not going to disagree with this (we all have our own experiences) however just in the interest of balance I'd like to say that I've had no issues with my FPS whatsoever. It can be a little niggly if your digit is wet but my capacitive FPS on the Pixel also struggled with wet prints so that isn't anything new.
I'd echo many reviews and say that the Face Unlock is excellent and a great accompaniment to the FPS. I admit a good face unlock should not have to compensate for a poor FPS experience but it's worth noting. Another thing I like about the FPS is it's on the front. I raved about the scanner being moved to the rear a couple of years ago but I have now realised how much I missed the front facing scanner when the phone is in a holder or lying flat on a desk.

Everything else I love about it.

Soldato
I had huge issues with the FPS on the 6T. Never had a FPS that bad. It is a great phone though and thankfully the face unlock is just about good enough that you don't have to use the FPS very often.

Soldato
So BuyMobiles are doing the 8gb version for £36 a month and a free handset, has anyone dealt with them before? Are they legit?

Also, to transfer a number from within EE to a new EE contract do you still have to go around the houses and transfer it to another network first and then back?

Soldato
I'm switching back to the OP6T once again to see how it is. I really do like the near stock experience, so slick and fluid. One thing though, am I being dumb... how do I turn on vibrate mode? I seem to only have sounds or no sound?

Associate
I'm switching back to the OP6T once again to see how it is. I really do like the near stock experience, so slick and fluid. One thing though, am I being dumb... how do I turn on vibrate mode? I seem to only have sounds or no sound?
Not sure about the vibrate. But I’m interested to know what you’re switching back from?

Soldato
It didn't last long. I've just moved back to the Huawei. I forgot it doesn't face unlock in the dark (my thoughts being I hardly ever have to use the FPS on the Huawei). The FPS is just too bad for me, I was typing my password in after 5 attempts far too often.

Associate
OxygenOS 9.0.12 roll-out for the OnePlus 6T.

Changelog:

System:
* Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
* Optimizations for Screen Display
* Deep integration with Google Duo
* General Bug Fixes & Software Improvements

Soldato
OxygenOS 9.0.12 roll-out for the OnePlus 6T.

Changelog:

System:
* Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
* Optimizations for Screen Display
* Deep integration with Google Duo
* General Bug Fixes & Software Improvements

Since I updated to this, my battery has become old fashioned Nokia like, currently sat on 4 days use with 25% remaining, I'm actually confused and concerned. Only 4 hours screen on time, but that is about average, as I use about 60-90 mins per day max.

Back
Top Bottom