**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Pixel 2 XL is a good phone, I really did like mine but you will notice a significant downgrade in screen quality I'm sorry to say. My 2XL was pretty good, the blue shift was minimal but the colours were poor. Especially as you're coming from the S10e (albeit a short period of usage) the difference in display will be night and day. The displays are also virtually the same size, just 0.2 inch in it.

Also the 4gb RAM is just paltry in the 2XL - my apps were forever self closing when left idle for anything over 30mins or so. I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the Pixel as I said I really liked mine but it's just 'so 2017' :p

I haven't noticed that much lag with the S10e - lag was one of the reasons I left Samsung and went with the OG Pixel XL but this newer OS seems fine. You can also go into Developer Options and change the animation scale from x1 to x0.5 which makes a noticeable difference.

Got my Pixel 2 XL, really happy. It is in brand new condition which is great for an eBay purchase at 275. S10e is on it's way back to Samsung for a refund.

Soldato
So as a Buds update, used them for a few days now and finding them very comfortable. I even went a run with them in today and they at no point felt like they were going to fall out of my ears. So I'm definitely holding onto them now.

Soldato
Fingerprint reader has gone pants since the last update :(

Wasn't sure if I'm imagining it, but recently I noticed that the fingerprint reader is extremely slow. There is sometimes over 1 second delay, to the point I don't know if I pressed it or not. If this phone didn't have such a good looking screen it would have been a deal breaker.

I wish the S10+ had same finger reader as the S10e.

Soldato
Anyone got a good screen protector for the s10e? Got a glass one which goes right to the edges but it makes it a total pain to access the edge functions or pull down the top notifications so back to no protection..

Soldato
Anyone got a good screen protector for the s10e? Got a glass one which goes right to the edges but it makes it a total pain to access the edge functions or pull down the top notifications so back to no protection..
Have you enabled finger print swipe for notifications and/or quick open notification panel? These two would at least solve that issue. Edge is still a bit of a pain.

Associate
Wasn't sure if I'm imagining it, but recently I noticed that the fingerprint reader is extremely slow. There is sometimes over 1 second delay, to the point I don't know if I pressed it or not. If this phone didn't have such a good looking screen it would have been a deal breaker.

I wish the S10+ had same finger reader as the S10e.

I don't see why they had to remove it from the back in the first place. I have the S10e and the power button should have been placed a little lower.

Soldato
Have you enabled finger print swipe for notifications and/or quick open notification panel? These two would at least solve that issue. Edge is still a bit of a pain.

Not sure :p
But have been using the phone for a week without issue and using the handy sidebars etc but the screen protector shouldn't reduce the functionality of the phone imo

Soldato
Are all S10's dual SIM?
S10s and S10+s are (can't comment on the E). It's basically the SD Card Tray. So you can have the SD card or dual SIM. I was tempted to put my Work SIM in it but until Samsung actually allow profiles on the phone I decided against it. If I can turn off "work" then I can't say I want it bothering me on my days off.

Soldato
S10s and S10+s are (can't comment on the E). It's basically the SD Card Tray. So you can have the SD card or dual SIM. I was tempted to put my Work SIM in it but until Samsung actually allow profiles on the phone I decided against it. If I can turn off "work" then I can't say I want it bothering me on my days off.
I just turn the 'work' SIM off on my S10e on days off.

Back
Top Bottom