Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I thought it was a decent intro to the series — they certainly packed in a lot of the various storylines and started bringing them all together.

I can't believe that after seven series, people are still moaning about 'filler episodes' — that's what GoT is all about!

Man of Honour
I thought it was a decent intro to the series — they certainly packed in a lot of the various storylines and started bringing them all together.

I can't believe that after seven series, people are still moaning about 'filler episodes' — that's what GoT is all about!
I agree - there was a huge amount of interactions.

One character that I feel has ran out of story is Sansa. Without little finger, is there really any other interesting interaction left? Possibly with Sirsei but I’m more interested in Jayme / Tyrian and Sirsei.... a feud with Danny was set up I guess but Sansa is not a very interesting character.

And why do people say she is clever?! I can’t recall her doing anything particularly clever save for suggesting they put some leather on armour in the usual way :p

Soldato
arya saying sansa was the cleverest person she knew was the most baffling comment ever. unless "cleverest" means "whiny little trollop" in Northspeak or something.

Caporegime
arya saying sansa was the cleverest person she knew was the most baffling comment ever. unless "cleverest" means "whiny little trollop" in Northspeak or something.

She’s not dead, ergo she must be clever. When in reality she’s went from spoiled wealth to multiple enslavements and survived simply by virtue of saying nothing, I imagine if the show had some more time she wouldn’t appear so ‘woke’.

Soldato
Maybe this is one of those areas where parsing from GRRMs plot to screen has missed something and Sansa has something yet to do which might have been better foreshadowed in the books or GRRMs notes.

Soldato
I'm going to assume Arya's comments are related to Sansa's maneuvering around little finger, using him when she needed him and then playing him at his own game leading to his end.

Soldato
I'm going to assume Arya's comments are related to Sansa's maneuvering around little finger,
Exactly. Littlefinger was poison in the veins of Westeros. Getting the better of him took a bit of doing... though Stark women were his kryponite, so maybe he was heading for a fall no matter how 'clever' Sansa was. She survived Joffrey and Bolton as well, but only because she was of strategic importance.

But part of Sansa's problem isn't the character, it's the actress. I have the same trouble with Bran because (as I think I've said elsewhere) the less you move, the more acting you have to do to hold attention. Wish they'd taken his supernatural growth spurt as an excuse to swap him for someone else.

Still, that's not their fault; young casts are always a gamble, and none of this spoils my overall enjoyment.

Oh, and I think the dragon riding 'roller coaster' trip was either a sign that HBO are going to open a theme park, or a sign that Snow needed a crash course in dragon riding for an imminent battle scene. Or maybe he sneaks off to assassinate Cersei when no-one's looking, which could account for why the series is so short. ;) Of course she'd say she's preggers, he'd hesitate, what with being so Starky, and The Mountain would do him in while he was looking conflicted. Then The Hound would suddenly appear with Daenerys on her dragon, Hound takes Mountain, Black Queen and White Queen get into stalemate when it turns out they're both pregnant, then they agree to a truce so their kids can marry and rule together.

Meanwhile, Arya sneaked off and takes the Night King's face with her Valyrian dagger, which saves a fortune in battle special FX.

THE END

I could have saved HBO a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom