*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Have won a Playstation 4 Pro, was wanting to buy one for the release of Days Gone at the end of the month but knew I wouldn't be able to afford it, so was going to wait until I could, but had a bit of good luck, so will likely be pre-ordering Days Gone some point soon :D

Soldato
Congrats! Some seriously good exclusives on the system.

Quite literally, lol, I've had a regular PS4 for ages, and I bought the likes of Horizon, Spider Man, and God of War at Christmas but still haven't got round to playing them yet.

Have you got a 4K display to go with it @Mucky_Pup ?

Ironically I won a 4k TV with it as well, but I already have a 4K OLED LG. So this new one will likely be going into my game room with my current OG PS4.

Soldato
PSN name change coming tomorrow in Europe.

PSN said:
If you haven't already saved progress for all users in all games on your PS4, select [Cancel] and do that now. Unsaved data will be lost.

After you change your online ID, immediately launch your games to check for any issues (such as lost content, progress and functionality). If you experience any issues, you can change back to a previous online ID without charge by following the steps in
. However:
  • Changing back to your previous online ID may not fix all issues (for example, you may not recover all, or any, lost content, progress and functionality).
  • If you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new online ID.

PS3 and PS Vita systems must be restarted for your new online ID to become visible.

At the end of the online ID change process, you'll be signed out of PlayStation Network on this device. If you're signed in to PlayStation Network on a PS4 system, all games and applications on that system will be closed and you'll be signed out.

Sounds like a daft potential issue, with no possible fix - if you are unaffected.

Think I'll just stick with mine.

Soldato
You'll be hard pushed to find anyone who has actually had the level of problems "warned about".
The biggest issue is that with Sony never releasing old names, the pool of choice is not going to be that great.

Caporegime
Lost my PlayStation Now virginity today. :p

I'm actually impressed. The delay on starting the game seems bizarre though - a good 30 seconds before the menu comes up but thereafter it's pretty seamless. I noticed no artifacts nor lag at all. (Although I am playing on a tiny 22" screen which may make compression artifacts unnoticeable.)

Thumbs up from me. Shame the game library is a bit lacking.

EDIT: Well it doesn’t appear to faultless. Further play results in some stuttering now and again.

EDIT2: Playing on my new 50” TV and it looks awful. Macroblocking is clearly evident on a big screen. Best option is to use the game download feature where possible. Going to try a PS3 game at 720p next. That’s gonna be even worse I imagine.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I have never had a PS4 for, last PS was a PS3.

Am going to pick up a second hand Pro this week, as its a decent price and really want Spider-Man and Uncharted 4.

Anything I need to watch out for on Secondhand consoles? apparently the guy hardly uses it and when he does it is mostly for Netflix. I don't have a 4K telly yet. but here it will still improve visuals at 1080p. planning on getting the VR headset eventually as well.

Soldato
So I have never had a PS4 for, last PS was a PS3.

Am going to pick up a second hand Pro this week, as its a decent price and really want Spider-Man and Uncharted 4.

Anything I need to watch out for on Secondhand consoles? apparently the guy hardly uses it and when he does it is mostly for Netflix. I don't have a 4K telly yet. but here it will still improve visuals at 1080p. planning on getting the VR headset eventually as well.

Make sure the optical drive works if not it can be bricked by a OS update, and i've seen cases of the HDMI port breaking but that might be Reddit kids being rough with their toys.

Back
Top Bottom