*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Started playing Spider-Man, great game so far. Going to swap to Days Gone on Friday though.

Spiderman was utterly brilliant, probably one of my top games ever! I don't know much about the characters, or the 'lore', but I thoroughly enjoyed it - the recreated NYC is stunning to just walk [well swing] around. I have the add-ons to come back to at some point too :)

Soldato
Days Gone - I expect I'll play it in about 5-6 months when it's nice and cheap. Don't do release day gaming any more, probably because I don't have so many "gaming friends" around me to discuss with.
Only just picked up Spiderman a couple of days ago for £20 and then the Season Pass for £10 on PSN.
Still going some Watchdogs 2 at the moment and then onto Spidey.

Soldato
Still going some Watchdogs 2 at the moment and then onto Spidey.

Funnily enough I went back to WD2 and was getting near(ish) the end of just as RDR2 came out, I'll probably go back to it (again) at some point. For all its flaws, naff storyline, cookie-cutter missions etc it was quite compelling to go finding all the hidden stuff, it appeals to the completionist in me.

I've also got Spiderman to start, got it on release with my PS4 Pro. Got AC Odyssey for Xmas and yet to start that, and got Metro Exodus for my birthday last month and am yet to start that too... :o

Soldato
I'm assuming they've fixed the latest PS4 Pro fans (Mines the Kingdom Hearts limited edition console) cause i played God of War the other day for the first time (Such a beautiful game in 4K) and the fans while they did ramp up every now and then, not something I would describe as deafening

Soldato
My Pro is from January 2018 - was the Fifa bundle (that bit doesn't matter - it was the 20% Ebay code that was!)
Even at it's loudest it's certainly not at the levels some people describe hearing. I'm not saying it's silent, but it's not so loud that it takes any enjoyment away from things.

Associate
Well during this bank holiday, i took apart my GF gen 1 white PS4 to change the thermal paste which took me about 2 hours to do it carefully as I have not done it before.
The PS4 sounded like a jet-plane so it needed a good clean from excess dust and thermal paste, 2 hours later its a lot quieter and then accidentally "broke" the metal pin to the eject button that makes contact with the copper pad to the blu-ray drive.
Lot of people had problems getting the metal pin making contact after getting slightly bent but I managed to get it working again by adjusting it to a poor man triangle shape to match near OEM shape and hour later I got it working again.
Felt very accomplished.:p

Back
Top Bottom