*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Just started God of War now. Wowzers. It’s got me gripped right from the start. It’s probably going to be one of those games that you don’t want to end. And how nice to be able to play higher than 30fps. Digital Foundry say the frame rate is a bit wild but I haven’t noticed any judder due to fluctuations, strangely.

Soldato
Just started God of War now. Wowzers. It’s got me gripped right from the start. It’s probably going to be one of those games that you don’t want to end. And how nice to be able to play higher than 30fps. Digital Foundry say the frame rate is a bit wild but I haven’t noticed any judder due to fluctuations, strangely.

I think the length is just about perfect, when I finished I wanted it to go on a little longer but I reckon anything more than a couple more hours and without some changes to combat it would have been feeling stale. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous games but this one nailed it for me and I enjoyed every bit of it.

V F

V F

Soldato
I must be miles away! I've been playing for what seems like ages (I can't say for certain but it could be 20 hours or so) and yet to enter Jotenheim or whatever the Giant realm is.

It felt that way playing "Give Me God of War" difficulty. Though I always love doing side missions in these games. Some of the level 8 - 9 fast Draugr is a nightmare (one hit and dead) but I really started enjoying the game from Modni and Magni and wanted it longer. Though, I'm looking forward to taking on the Valkyries.

This game is definitely worthy for Platinum.

Soldato
I didn't finish it either. Traded it in. I only really get to play SP games at the weekend and I went on holiday for Christmas and never felt like going back to it when I came back. Loved what I played of it though. Felt like a long campaign to me as well.

I never replay anything and I've never got a platinum.

Associate
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Legend Edition £11.99, deal ends midnight. Worth it?

Contemplating myself too. Son plays lots of Fifa which is good but I've always been a PES fan. Hadn't played PES in a while and had got accustomed to Fifa so when I tried the PES 2019 Lite version I realised what I'd been missing. For me, controls and flow of games seems better.

If I succumb, I'll go for lesser version. Not fussed by myclub or whatever it is. Option files / kit / name editing can be a faff but think it has got easier over recent iterations. .

Soldato
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Legend Edition £11.99, deal ends midnight. Worth it?

For me, controls and flow of games seems better.

I got it on the deal after playing it at a holiday cottage on a weekend away.

Coming from FIFA 19 it felt like a more measured and rewarding game...... but don't go into playing it thinking that it doesn't have it's problems!

The AI is very poor imo - defenders just watching through balls glide past them, awful collision detection and on occasion the passing mechanic is simply broken!

Crosses simply cant be defended (at least by me) - having owned the game for a week or so I'd estimate that I've conceded goals from around 90% of crosses/corners faced (and the other 10% have just been off target!)

Don't get me wrong, when you score a goal it feels sooo much better than in FIFA but there are also occasions when you simply have to laugh at the sheer absurdity of what happens (mainly because otherwise you'd need new controllers every other day!)

Oh and Konami really have no excuse for the menu system looking like it was designed on a Commodore 64!

Associate
Previous versions have had their issues but I've never noticed to same extent some have reported. I used to play on either of two hardest levels but, since kids and time available, mainly stick to professional (think that's what it's called). Maybe difficulty level can affect the things you've listed? Also, they seem to add new controls all the time for tricks, feints and diving - I've seen some report that you need to dive to get fair share of free kicks/penalties! I believe you can also change pace of game - slower may be better/more realistic?

Soldato
I brought the game didnt like it its better than FIFA but it still crap, seems no one can make a good football. I only played online division and myclub... If your going to just play myclub then get less lite for free.

Associate
I bought basic version for about £7 and am enjoying it. Havent touched any gameplay/difficulty settings but feel the need to tweak it and make it more of a challenge. Option file process for getting correct teams/players is really simple now if a bit time consuming. It's frustrating that I support Inverness Caledonian Thistle but they're not in SPL anymore and can't find option file for Scottish Championship...

Back
Top Bottom