** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
Game just gets better, anyone giving this a 5/10 is a lunatic :confused:

Yeah I am not getting the reviews at all. I think the main problem is the copies they had were buggy. I mean 1.04 came out on Thursday which was the same day as reviews were posted which fixed a lot of bugs.

Either way I literally have not put this down since Thursday, the last game that did that to me was Witcher 1 on the PC.

But this is why I never let reviews tell me what a game is like, I prefer to play them and judge for myself.

Soldato
Yeah I am not getting the reviews at all. I think the main problem is the copies they had were buggy. I mean 1.04 came out on Thursday which was the same day as reviews were posted which fixed a lot of bugs.

Either way I literally have not put this down since Thursday, the last game that did that to me was Witcher 1 on the PC.

But this is why I never let reviews tell me what a game is like, I prefer to play them and judge for myself.
Yes buggy review copies really won't have helped.

Same here, last time I played a game this much was HZD and TLOU before that. Absolutely loving this as it's clearly my kinda game, but also the story and narrative are really great imo, awesome stuff.

Soldato
  • Added fixes for crashing issues
  • Added stuttering and lag fixes
  • Fixed framerate drop issues
  • Various performance and stability improvements
  • Added fixes for glitches
  • Added minor bug fixes and changes

Associate

Definite double standards then perhaps as some games such as The Witcher 3 were riddled with bugs, almost unplayable UI, and performance was dire on release. It was so bad I took it bk after a day. Picked it up a year later and it became one of my fav games of all time.

Judging by what you’re saying I’ll likely pick this up at some point fairly soon. Good quality voice acting counts for a lot and by all accounts it sounds like they’ve done a good job.

I have to remind myself about the relatively poor reviews for Dying Light which imo was a classic.

I guess I’ll find out when I pick it up but it does sound like a game that will appeal to me. Regretting buying Sekiro digitally as that reviewed brilliantly but not sure I can be bothered with it and another example of terrible hdr not mentioned by reviewers including DF who actually noted it was good!

Associate
That is true about Witcher 3 and dying light which was also a good game.

One thing with this game is the character is the same guy from from both force unleashed games, not to mention many tv shows. I keep expecting a force push upgrade lol.

Soldato
Bugs aside, it's the concerns about repetitive content that ultimately put me off, probably wont show its face until a fair few hours in. Of course most open worlds suffer with this in some way or another

Back
Top Bottom