The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
I've also just come back to this game after a 3 year absence.

Was gonna start from scratch until I realised I had over 4m skill points!

I'm looking for a friendly corp to join - hoping I can get into this properly this time - still learning the ropes atm, and doing some career mission things.

Soldato
I'm curious how one of my Tornados ended up in Fort Knox.

I think I actually delivered that to you for meme value.

There is a game mechanic in wormholes. You can deliver ships to any other pilot in the game. Once the structure timer is up it becomes impossible to trash ships. When the citadel dies, all the contents shoot out in cans. Any ships can be ejected from these cans and killed for a killmail.

Doomchinchilla (who is famously protective of his killboard) had about 50 shuttles delivered to him.

We also delivered hundreds of 3200 cap boosters in singles to random dudes. This meant that the attackers had to open up hundreds of cans with just a single cap booster. We just thought that was funny.

Man of Honour
ditto.
Picking up these free login items, any actually worth having or is it all just junk

Haven't checked through them all but I think mostly junk - only very rarely do they give away anything that is actually interesting (outside of a narrow set of people) or worth anything (i.e. genolution cores when they did some giveaways on those, etc.)

It has always seemed to be the way with CCP for some reason (some exceptions aside like AT awards) - but most developers have found that within reason it works a lot better to not be stingy with giveaways when you do them.

EDIT: Day 16 reward (if you've logged in and claimed enough) for Omega is 1M SP which isn't bad - can also pick up ~175K SP in total from the other days and a Gnosis I think the rest is largely tat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Havent played this for maybe 4 to 6 years? But tempted to get back into it. Last thing i remember was falling asleep in my CNR passive tanking a level 4 pve

Also during my ******** days, can flipping miners in a merlin and toying with them so they eject then swoop in with my alts orca, scoop the ship and ore and sell lol

Also used to scan people doing pve engagements in a heron, speed boost in and loot all the wrecks they were saving until the end then zoom out.

Associate
I’ve played on and off since beta but I’ve been on a break for the last couple of years. I spent most of my time in null sec chasing the various alliance wars around, but got burned out on all the logistics. It had turned into a second job that I had to pay for.

Man of Honour
Havent played this for maybe 4 to 6 years? But tempted to get back into it. Last thing i remember was falling asleep in my CNR passive tanking a level 4 pve

Also during my ******** days, can flipping miners in a merlin and toying with them so they eject then swoop in with my alts orca, scoop the ship and ore and sell lol

Also used to scan people doing pve engagements in a heron, speed boost in and loot all the wrecks they were saving until the end then zoom out.

I've not played in years but keep half an eye on the game - it has changed a lot in the last couple of years - lots of activities they've changed to make it more new/PVE player friendly etc. i.e. the whole war dec system, how aggression works and so on.

There is a whole "invasion" event on at the moment so if you are into the game probably a good time to come back but personally I can't justify playing the game any more let alone pay for it with the approach CCP has taken.

Back
Top Bottom