The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
yup. it was quite funny to see extra squishy publicly decry the change and say he's quitting eve, only to come back and say that it's never been so much fun playing faction warfare.

Having said that EVE is fully dependant on the people you play with day to day.

Man of Honour
Just had an email gauging my interest in playing an "FPS game set in New Eden" - seems to be a new project and not the stuff talked about previously... I'd imagine it'll pretty much go like Dust 514 or Project NOVA unfortunately.

I say unfortunately but I doubt I'd play it anyway as I'm long done with CCP games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had an email gauging my interest in playing an "FPS game set in New Eden" - seems to be a new project and not the stuff talked about previously... I'd imagine it'll pretty much go like Dust 514 or Project NOVA unfortunately.

I say unfortunately but I doubt I'd play it anyway as I'm long done with CCP games.
They were bought by Pearl abyss, ever since then you can see a marked difference and all the p2w **** was brought in after that too.

Sad to see.

Commissario
p2w was in Eve a long long time before Pearl Abyss. But is it actually p2w? You can pay to get better stuff but what is actually winning at Eve? Just paying for skill points and stuff isn't necessarily winning. You could get two people with identical skills and ships, one who has played the game for years and one who signed up a week ago and bought everything. The former will destroy the latter in PvP because they'll know how use what they've got.

Man of Honour
They were bought by Pearl abyss, ever since then you can see a marked difference and all the p2w **** was brought in after that too.

Sad to see.

Yeah I log in as an alpha occasionally to see what has changed. Nothing ever tempts me back despite missing the game a lot.

TBH regardless the game kind of died for me when they killed off the Swiss Army knife Thanatos.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah! This is the cause of all the projection in the D4 thread. How much money did you spend on Eve then :D
Yawn, ignored.

I explained in the d4 thread that I felt that mtx ruined EVE, it just made it a worse game because it devalued everything that came before and introduced a load of kids to a previously fairly kid-free game and made every release from that point on about making money via mtx (making a better shop) rather than trying to make a better game. I saw the same thing in d4, it is more a shop than a game. I'm confident people will realise that eventually just like what happened with EVE.

Last edited:
Soldato
EVE was great 20 years ago, lots of things killed it but for me it was when the blobs took over. It was much more fun when it was unexplored with small groups of friends travelling around. Once you had the likes of BOB and Goonswarm it became a job. Fun times being chased by nutters in Scorpions with insane resistances :cry:

Man of Honour
yes it's p2w because if you get two equally skilled new players, one pays and one doesn't, the one who pays wins.

Thing with Eve at least back in the day there was always tomorrow - plan your revenge, etc. people with trick setups often repetitively do the same thing, etc.

One of the reasons, despite a vocal militant crowd who disagree, I'm not a fan of the ability to gank with disposal alts putting nothing on the line - I know a good few players who quit Eve within weeks not because they got ganked but the realisation they'd be very unlikely to be able to get revenge.

Back
Top Bottom