**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
Trying to find a FPS to get me away from PUBG so I'm tempted to give this a go over the free weekend. Is it a good single player game, or is it best in multiplayer?

Soldato
I can only speak for single player, but I'm sure others can chime in about pvp.

In single player there is a LOT to do:

1. Kingslayer files all over the map, in buildings, outhouses etc to collect and read documentation about the people or find audio logs.
2. Side missions include: Stealing a plane and delivering it, stealing a helicopter before the enemy flies off and you fail it, finding and destroying convoy trucks (armored transport) and then tagging the mentioned truck for a reward and hacking into a station in a given time frame while fending off enemies.
3. A wide away of vehicles for land, air and sea. From dirt bikes to vans, people carriers to sports cars and buggies on the land. Planes, helicopters, apaches, fishing boats, tour boats etc.
4. Huge outposts, prisons, camps to take over either stealthily in the bushes with a sniper or by force with a mounted gun.
5.Last but not least.. Unidad. The elite force of the island which are purple on the map and they come in hard and fast with no remorse. Imagine the army on GTA games.

It's third person mainly but aiming down sites is first person.

Associate
Lol! I just played a few rounds of pvp, and wow. Absolutely no ptfo or revive, just massive camping on the outskirts of the map. Got boring very quickly.
The campaign looks a lot more fun though.

Soldato
Sunk many hours into the single player as I always play them on hard though your buddies can be annoying. I never tell them what to do and try and do all the killing myself they are good for reviving though. Not played multiplayer though.

What about Squad. COnquest and ticket based like Battlefield so can be revived and respawn but is a tactical shooter. Start of games can be a little slow as the maps are big but once all points are taken and you are fighting over a couple some of the best and longest scraps I've ever had. Most of the community are cool but there are some that love the sound of their own voice. Just move squads until you find one with decent people in it. There is another called post scriptum also which is SQuad but WW2.

Rising storm 2: Vietnam - faster action but still only few rounds required for a kill.

Soldato
Just bought this. Looks graphically impressive. Done the first mission.

Then clicked co-op for the second one and played with some other peeps. Guy died in the trunk.

Looks fun.

Proper machine hog though.

Ultra and getting 60-70fps at 1440.

Associate
I can only speak for single player, but I'm sure others can chime in about pvp.

In single player there is a LOT to do:

Well, I've got to say, the multiplayer is as good as the pvp is frustrating. Totally loving this and am going to buy the game now. Played a few missions (10) and generally just faffed about in the different choppers. The little bird type thing is hilarious for shooting Unidad heavies out the sky. It looks gorgeous and am also getting about 70fps on Ultra, and it's worth using that setting. It's stunning in places.

Last edited:
Soldato
feels like a good 30-40 seconds...maybe longer to get to the menu.

getting into map isnt too bad, but when you die and it reloads, that seems to take a pretty long time too.

also just had a hard lock of my PC...which I've not had in a game for a while. Sound loop and screen freeze.

Soldato
Oh to the menu, I was thinking the game.

Just loaded to the menu was about 40 seconds. Feels like it takes longer getting the initial screen up than loading to the gameplay section from the menu.

Associate
Just wanna ask as I get graphical glitches specifically with this game, certain sections of map where lines appear when zooming in/out and also in game, sometimes in the far distance an object may become lighter/darker when panning the camera around. does anybody else get stuff like this, im thinking I may have conflicting graphics settings because if i have a little play it seems to stop but I haven't figured out which setting is causing the problem.

Soldato
Just picked this up and am enjoying it so far - quick question though - do the Unidad dudes show up every time there is a firefight with the sicario's?

I'm already sick of mounting an assault on an outpost and dozens of the blighter's just turning up amd joining in!

Man of Honour
Just picked this up and am enjoying it so far - quick question though - do the Unidad dudes show up every time there is a firefight with the sicario's?

I'm already sick of mounting an assault on an outpost and dozens of the blighter's just turning up amd joining in!

Depends on the region you are in and how long you have been fighting for.

Soldato

Also depends if you've triggered any alarms I think. You'll need to work around the compounds to get line of sight with the alarm boxes, making sure you are not spotted.
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom