• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
5ghz was touted by many your not crazy. i think we more likely going to be at 4.5 tops. which is what im hoping for and intel ipc caught up. if its not im not interested as years old intel will just still be as quick so no point in upgrading.

intel's IPC is already caught up with Zen+. IPC is an independent metric to frequency.

Caporegime
intel's IPC is already caught up with Zen+. IPC is an independent metric to frequency.

without trying to shift goal posts with games about 15 percent behind all in from ryzen to latest intel. thats why we want the same ipc and core speed matched if they can with extra cores from amd with a decent price. even less core speed and most of it is fine but if its under 4.5ghz no point. for games.

Soldato
No but if a single core can boost that high, it should be overclockable to nearly the same speed with great cooling.
Yes indeed. I was merely reiterating because it seems a lot of people are naysaying 5GHz capability thinking it's all-core boost. Even the 808K 9900K don't do 5GHz all-core boost.

we dont want a single core boosting to top speed we want all the cores doing it.:p
Yes. Yes we do. But it won't happen without exotic cooling, which is irrelevant to every day use. Exactly the same deal with the top Intel chips too.

Permabanned
without trying to shift goal posts with games about 15 percent behind all in from ryzen to latest intel. thats why we want the same ipc and core speed matched if they can with extra cores from amd with a decent price. even less core speed and most of it is fine but if its under 4.5ghz no point. for games.

Games as well as adobe's products are poorly optimised for AMD's processors or detect intel products and run properly.

Caporegime
ah its everyone elses fault amd is slower. i get it now lol.

even by your own graph what i said a year ago shows a i5 7600k is better in most games than a 2700x. which is slightly slower. thats not even showing 8700k or 9900k which are even quicker.

so the new cpus need to be atleast 15 percent up and 4.5ghz or gaming no point.

Soldato
Why was my post removed? So now talking about an AdoredTV video is banned? He put a score at the end of the video. It was a CB R15 score of 4278 for a 4.2GHZ 16C Ryzen 3 CPU.

If you look at CB R15 scores,the video gave a score of 4278 for 16C at 4.2GHZ - look at the scores of the 2700X:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_2700x_review,9.html

That equates to a 14% IPC increase,for CB R15 on a clock for clock basis.

Soldato
Its not surprising that most people are still on 2c/4c because most people don't have the money to be constantly upgrading their hardware, Ryzen (and subsequently 8700k/9700k) have only been released over the last 2 years. it takes a while for technology to seed itself, and until it is commonplace devs don't need to change anything.
I imagine that will start to change now though. Lets have this conversation in 5 years time and see how things are different.

6 cores/ 12 threads have been out since 2009 in i7's , costly but have had plenty of time to code for more then 4 cores . Just if they need to. hopefully as you say, more cores for less with DX12/Vulcan in theory making CPU side easier.. should see an nice increase

but...i think consoles might have an edge on PCs by then, after PC's have surged lately too :(

or just streaming and no need hard the hardware

Permabanned
Why was my post removed? So now talking about an AdoredTV video is banned? He put a score at the end of the video. It was a CB R15 score of 4278 for a 4.2GHZ 16C Ryzen 3 CPU.

If you look at CB R15 scores,the video gave a score of 4278 for 16C at 4.2GHZ - look at the scores of the 2700X:
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_2700x_review,9.html

That equates to a 14% IPC increase,for CB R15 on a clock for clock basis.

14% IPC increase in CB is pretty serious and interesting. A 4.7GHz 12-core Ryzen would be a dream.

Back
Top Bottom