They are Billions - RTS meets Zombie Hordes !

Associate
I tried mission 1 on the campaign and got hammered, my god this game is hard!
I've tried several times, and, even though I know what's coming I am still being whacked. Those hordes can sure do a lot of damage!
A really great update , adding a new dimension to the game. Bring it on chubbies!

Soldato
OP
The first mission you need to build tons of houses and clear the south then west, and then cross the railway bridge and clear up there.

Make sure you have max food coming in as the train will keep dropping off people to increase your population.

Build archers, as many as you can, build a series of wooden walls as far north/west as you can then sit and pray ;p

Associate
Anyone else having issues with the game saving? Was on my 3rd mission, decided to take a break, came back but the "continue" button was greyed out and had to start again...didn't bother in fear that it might do it again. :(

Soldato
Is everyone getting 30fps?

My laptop used to get 60fps on the igpu! My 2070 can’t seem to go above 30!

My older 1050ti used to get a solid 60 well
Let’s be honest even that wasn’t trying so what’s up with the latest patch?

Associate
Absolutely creamed the first level. Spent most of it trying to remember how to play. When I finished I realised I hadn't set a difficulty level anywhere. Did I miss it and play it on easy?

Soldato
Absolutely creamed the first level. Spent most of it trying to remember how to play. When I finished I realised I hadn't set a difficulty level anywhere. Did I miss it and play it on easy?

I never saw any difficulty indicator too but found it was on "accessible" after I beat the level. The game is definitely far from easy and I am not sure if I even feel like continuing the campaign if it's always going to be so unforgiving.

Permabanned
Hmm.

Getting panned on steam. Times missions, endless tent spamming. Lacklustre hero missions. I kinda agree. I was looking forward to this uber campaign that we were promised. Instead, after a year and half, a good bulk of the campaign is just survival mode with a timer lol.

Associate
Succedd or die still.

However the second mission has no horde arrival countdown. I've not built any barracades. Just pumping out archers to clear the map and creating cottages to meet the 600 population goal. It's a bit of a change of pace.

I didn't play mission 2 before the patch last night so not sure if this is new behaviour.

Associate
I really suck at this game, need to have it on the second lowest difficulty, even then it can be hairy at times. :D

Anyone else having issues with the game saving? Was on my 3rd mission, decided to take a break, came back but the "continue" button was greyed out and had to start again...didn't bother in fear that it might do it again. :(

Problem seems to have been an old survival save with the same name which seemed to have corrupted my campaign save. Just had to give my campaign name a different one, now all is well!

Associate
Anyone got tips on a random horde fight? Looks like you start in the centre of a map and have to protect a building.

You then spend your points earned to purchase troops and defences. In this first one I only have barracades and archers.

Am I supposed to be able to cake walk this? The enemy comes from pretty much all 8 points of a compass directly at me.

I spent every penny of my alloted points. Should I have bought less archers and double layered the protection?

Associate
Anyone got tips on a random horde fight? Looks like you start in the centre of a map and have to protect a building.

You then spend your points earned to purchase troops and defences. In this first one I only have barracades and archers.

Am I supposed to be able to cake walk this? The enemy comes from pretty much all 8 points of a compass directly at me.

I spent every penny of my alloted points. Should I have bought less archers and double layered the protection?

I have tried 11 times on the first version of this. No matter what I do I can't avoid being completely overrun by the hordes. They appear for all directions and completely overrun any defences/troops I put down. How can I get past this?

Soldato
OP
Trying to get into this but finding it hard,any tips on what to build, best units etc ?

Don't play the campaign.

Start off on a survival map 1 on the easiest settings.Don't rush build everything or try to advance up the tech to early.

Build archers and have them patrol around your expanding base. Always make sure you have plenty of food and energy.

Hordes will appear every so often, usually 20 days depending on difficulty so at least make sure you have plenty of archers and a wall or two between them.

NEVER assume your safe, the Z's will find a way in even if it's one lone Z so always keep an eye on your map.

The game is ******* annoying and you will die, often over and over... have fun !

Watch some YT videos/guides is the best bet for help.

Permabanned
Am I supposed to be able to cake walk this?

No, it's unbalanced. I've been playing on hard thinking it's a bit too easy, but then take on the 650 swarm with 940 points to play with and it feels impossible. I also opted for the free balista at the start of each mission primarily for this reason, but you don't even get it which is annoying.

Still no better on the second attempt so in the end I just dropped it the difficulty to easy and spammed soldiers around the outpost. Now that was a cakewalk.

Back
Top Bottom