They are Billions - RTS meets Zombie Hordes !

Soldato
Small update today;

You can now select all units from all troop types at once (F2 key)
Power plants now use 10 wood instead of 5 wood + 5 stone.
Stake traps have been improved; +20% life, + 25% damage
Blade traps have been improved; +30% life, + 25% damage
General swarm pathfinding improvements
Fixed score factor in Survival Challenge.

Permabanned
They should freeze your score when the final wave commences or something. Spamming houses after you've killed all but one zombie until the timer runs out to increase your score is expliotative and borderline cheating in my opinion.

Man of Honour
They should freeze your score when the final wave commences or something. Spamming houses after you've killed all but one zombie until the timer runs out to increase your score is expliotative and borderline cheating in my opinion.

Can’t freeze it because then you could just destroy everything and easily survive

They could just make the final wave end when no zombie has died for a few seconds. So if you’re not killing hordes, the game will end. Just make it so this doesn’t happen if one of your buildings is under attack and job done, to avoid situations where you have no soldiers left and game abruptly ends.

Associate
Looks like a basic map editor has just been released for this along with Steam workshop support, story mode seems to be quite delayed at the moment but hopefully there should be plenty of custom maps arriving to pad the game out a little bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alas the campaign mode has been delayed, but it will be 40-50 hours in length when released. There are a couple of new maps for the Survival mode on the way too; one supposedly being the easiest they've made, the other being the hardest. Source - RPS.

Associate
Started playing this when it went premier access and really enjoying it. Completely addictive!

The new expansion looks like it will take some of the good features of the Civ games and combine it with zombie massacre. Great stuff.

Man of Honour
I started playing this again last night and am total junk at it. I'm playing it like I would any other RTS game yet with this i'm just really bad :( Do people tend to base build or army build on this one?

Soldato
I started playing this again last night and am total junk at it. I'm playing it like I would any other RTS game yet with this i'm just really bad :( Do people tend to base build or army build on this one?
I’m far from good but 320 hours and finished map 4 on 300(odd)%.

Use the pause button

So focus 100% on booming your economy. Once your filthy rich you can build 20 soldier centres pumping out 60 snipers per day!! From the outset grab food and houses and research. Don’t build a single additional soldier until well after wave 2 has hit.

Use the pause button!

Set your 4 archers and soldier on patrol to protect your village.

Use the pause button!!

Have one ballista available for when the first wave hits and kite the zombie wave into the ballista.

Use the pause button!!!

Replace the patrolling archers with balistas and start to kite the surrounding hordes (non waves) toward the balistas.

Kite the second wave into two balistas

Use the pause button.

By this point your economy should be booming.

Man of Honour
I’m far from good but 320 hours and finished map 4 on 300(odd)%.

Use the pause button

So focus 100% on booming your economy. Once your filthy rich you can build 20 soldier centres pumping out 60 snipers per day!! From the outset grab food and houses and research. Don’t build a single additional soldier until well after wave 2 has hit.

Use the pause button!

Set your 4 archers and soldier on patrol to protect your village.

Use the pause button!!

Have one ballista available for when the first wave hits and kite the zombie wave into the ballista.

Use the pause button!!!

Replace the patrolling archers with balistas and start to kite the surrounding hordes (non waves) toward the balistas.

Kite the second wave into two balistas

Use the pause button.

By this point your economy should be booming.

Cheers dude ill try this method. In my game last night I didn't even build a soldier. I had this big ass machine gun that I took over. and like 10 arrow shooty tower things. Lasted like 30 days and they kicked my ass.

Soldato
Cheers dude ill try this method. In my game last night I didn't even build a soldier. I had this big ass machine gun that I took over. and like 10 arrow shooty tower things. Lasted like 30 days and they kicked my ass.
The rescued machine guns are too loud early game and will just draw the crowds.

The big arrow shoots things (balistas) are very quiet and should see you good until mid game.

Back
Top Bottom