They are Billions - RTS meets Zombie Hordes !

Soldato
Still cant get past map 2 tbh. Get to the final wave every time no problems but always one corner that lets the side down.

Have taken a break from it for a bit will have another try this evening i rekon

Map 2 is the really really open map.

How are you doing your walls?

Best final wall should be double 2 layers with as many executors and stone towers of snipers as you can afford to pack into a solid line.

Double 2 layers is 2 wall blocks then space then 2 wall blocks. Needs lots of stone to do the building.

Associate
I don't think you can. It mainly depends on the environment and the routing of the zombies.
I tend to have a few free troops in the middle of my settlement to be the back up reserves to help the side not coping

Soldato
Map 2 is the really really open map.

How are you doing your walls?

Best final wall should be double 2 layers with as many executors and stone towers of snipers as you can afford to pack into a solid line.

Double 2 layers is 2 wall blocks then space then 2 wall blocks. Needs lots of stone to do the building.

Will try again over the weekend. As said i took a bit of a Break from it for a while

Permabanned
It's rare for a game that makes me curse out loud. Had 55 snipers in the field and still lost some by an army of harpies that just came out of nowhere. And lets not forget..

"The colony is being invaded from the East". Ends up coming from the East but hits me in the North. Most of my games are lost because of this. Also..

"The colony is being infected"
"The colony is succumbing to the infection"
"The colony is under attack"
"The are trying to break through"
"Our units are under attack"
"Our units are in trouble"

I'm sure I've missed a few.

The spam is relentless and utterly rage inducing towards the end. You click is and it's just some stupid zombie smacking a wall, or a soldier who is not in any danger whatsoever.

Anyway, finally reached a second attempt at the final horde on map 4 brutal. I have 150+ snipers and 50 Thanotas. Still not confident but don't see how I can lose.

Man of Honour
It's rare for a game that makes me curse out loud. Had 55 snipers in the field and still lost some by an army of harpies that just came out of nowhere. And lets not forget..

"The colony is being invaded from the East". Ends up coming from the East but hits me in the North. Most of my games are lost because of this. Also..

"The colony is being infected"
"The colony is succumbing to the infection"
"The colony is under attack"
"The are trying to break through"
"Our units are under attack"
"Our units are in trouble"

I'm sure I've missed a few.

The spam is relentless and utterly rage inducing towards the end. You click is and it's just some stupid zombie smacking a wall, or a soldier who is not in any danger whatsoever.

Anyway, finally reached a second attempt at the final horde on map 4 brutal. I have 150+ snipers and 50 Thanotas. Still not confident but don't see how I can lose.

Can you not turn the warnings off? I play zoomed out at 3440x1440 so I don't really get warned about anything! (since it's on screen). The one that annoys me is the "ATTENTION! Building complete." That one seems redundant. Just the icon showing it done would be enough imo.

Soldato
OP
New 'massive' patch today ..erm 40mb ...

^^ I still can't beat map 2 @ 60% hahahah... but I refuse to use guides or copy YT'ers :(

Associate
When is this actually released?
No idea but that really wound me up when reading the steam reviews. All the negative ones are saying it's not a full game...it's early access with a plan of action for a full campaign.
One of the guys had 80 hours of gameplay and still downrated it. 80 hours!! And he still said there's no longevity. Idiots.
Does anyone actually not buy a game based of up or down votes? I actually read people's gripes and then decide if I can put up with it personally.

Soldato
Finally 60% the second map yesterday.

Got lucky with the rng and a start location with only 3 narrowish corridors in and Basically thanatos and sniper spammed a set of double walls and seemed to walk it.

3rd map tried a few starts at 100% and seem to be always suffering for wood and food so have never got too far yet.

Soldato
so finally got round to trying this game 2 nights ago.
night 1 was getting owned (on easiest settings) with about 6 hours gameplay.

Read a few tips online and applied them.
Last night I started a new game, pc crashed without a savegame, so started again and beat it.
Even though it was the easiest level I still feel good about it, kind of understand the game better now.

Feel ready to try and take it on at a harder level.

Every wall should be 2 layers of double walls
try and compartmentalize your base, so that if a wall falls the horde doesn't overrun the entire base
clear the map of stragglers before the last wave
use thanatos and executors

I also used about 3 titans, 1 wall failed (the only wall that wasn't doubled up) but the horde didn't breach an further compartment.

how do you turn troops to veterans, is it a certain amount of kills or just use them until they get upgraded?
Can thanatos and titan become vets ?

Associate
Ony the snipers, archers and soldiers can become veteran. And yes, they have to earn xp by killing zombies. If you click on one indiviually, it will show you their percentage towards getting that veterancy.

Soldato
Managed to get 4 of the wonders built in a single game just now. Quite handy tbh. The Crystal Palace for instance allowed me to demolish farms towards the end to open up some valuable space at end game.

Solid update.

Really do hope we get multiplayer on this. This game almost demands a multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom