Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
Geezus 80mill for Zaha?? They can **** right off. He’s not even worth 40mill and he’s not that good a player as it is.

I’d rather us concentrate on getting some better defenders than what we have at the moment. Also need to get rid of Xhaka and hopefully ozil too. Those 2 have cost us enough games this past season.

Caporegime
1. This is already in the United thread.
2. It's not 200k or 300k, the fact that both of these have been reported shows that what you're reading don't know what the **** they are talking about.
3. If you genuinely believe it's 300k then you must be the most gullible person on the planet.

Man of Honour
So we have bid £70m for Maguire (Simon Stone has confirmed).

Not far from Leicester’s £80m valuation so I can see it getting done.

He’s a solid defender but he’ll need to up his game a bit more too.

Soldato
Arsenal's approach to transfers is mind boggling considering how obvious it is for everyone that defence should absolutely be our priority. If the rumours are true, having to sell the premier league top scorer to part fund Wilf is ridiculous.

Don
1. This is already in the United thread.
2. It's not 200k or 300k, the fact that both of these have been reported shows that what you're reading don't know what the **** they are talking about.
3. If you genuinely believe it's 300k then you must be the most gullible person on the planet.

You are paying an absolute dud of a player much more so it's not really hard to believe at all. Big money is the main attraction for going to/staying at OT nowadays.

Soldato
I really don't understand Arsenals pursuit of Wilf either.

Exciting player, I'd love to have him in the squad, but strengthening the back line has to be the priority. If we could find a way to offload some deadwood (Ozil?) then it might make some sense, but we're a million miles away from the valuation too.

The extremely cynical side of me says its season ticket renewal season and we've just had a huge kit launch and this is just to hype up sales of both.

Man of Honour
Palace are never going to sell their star player and matchwinner for £40m. Why would they?

No wonder they’re angry about the offer.

And that is literally Arsenal’s entire transfer budget? How embarrassing is that - a club like Arsenal barely have any money to spend. Pathetic.

Caporegime
40m transfer budget could mean a number of things. It could be their financial outlay this year (so we could see bigger spend over multiple years). Or it could be tosh of course.

Back
Top Bottom