Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Don
None are on £100k per week because you've said so? How do you account for the £240m Arsenal spend on wages then Rob? Are you paying part-time stewards £150k per year?

As I've said above, I will bet absolutely anything you want that Arsenal's wage bill will not drop by £20m from last season to this season, let alone £40m+.

Soldato
None are on £100k per week because you've said so? How do you account for the £240m Arsenal spend on wages then Rob? Are you paying part-time stewards £150k per year?

As I've said above, I will bet absolutely anything you want that Arsenal's wage bill will not drop by £20m from last season to this season, let alone £40m+.

Presumably the figures Rob is quoting will possibly be their headline salaries.

The £240m will presumably be including total salary costs, including various bonus's, taxes, accommodation costs, expenses. So whilst they might be on less than "100k" per week, they'll actually be costing the club closer to double that.

As such i'm ruling your both right :p

Don
No, I think those numbers are just plucked from the air. Particularly in the last 5-6 years, where TV money has gone through the roof, we massively (and even the press do with their reports) underestimate what PL clubs pay in wages. The days of £100k per week being a lot are long gone.

I'll see if I can find the report but their was a report into average basic salaries of sports teams a few years back. Iirc Utd were paying approx £6.5m on average per player with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool around the £4m mark. Once you add various bonuses on top, even back then they would have been paying around the £100k per week mark and since then wage bills have gone up 20%+.

Back
Top Bottom