• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Given this is wall power, if comparing with the 2700x it's probably worth remembering that x570 is a more power hungry chipset.
Yes its total system power. I suppose the same system was used just different mobo/CPU so it would indicate that it consumes more power, including the X570 chipset. If I remember right X470 uses about 7w, and X570 15w or something similar.

Associate
So seeing a place like australia is 8/10 hours Infront of us does that mean we will see reviews about 6pm?

Don't think it works like that, 2pm here is 8am in America - i.e. embargo lifts when America wakes up.

Edit - sorry may have misunderstood, are you in australia right now?

Surprised to see no proper reviews up with one day to go until release.
I would imagine all the hardware websites have performed a review but are instructed to hold it until release day.

You must be bonkers buying a whole new setup before reviews come out!
I really hope this lives up to the hype :D.

Associate
Don't think it works like that, 2pm here is 8am in America - i.e. embargo lifts when America wakes up.

Edit - sorry may have misunderstood, are you in australia right now?

Haha I'm not. I just wondered where the NDA lifted. I didn't realize it was based on the time in the states.

Associate
Haha I'm not. I just wondered where the NDA lifted. I didn't realize it was based on the time in the states.

Having said that I wouldn't be all that surprised if some sites published early, misunderstanding time zones is probably plausible deniability & think of the clicks :)

Associate
To be fair that's a $1000 CPU at 2014 prices with 20MB of L3 and 140W TDP. What does it do multicore? Unfortunately I keep seeing all these one dimensional comparisons. As a total package how do they compare?

I'm not taking either side in this as I like to find the truth in any situation. I suspect Ryzen 3000 will have some weaknesses but as a package with AM4 it will be a great choice for a lot of people, not all :)

Edit: typos
You're right of course regarding one dimensional comparisons and of course it was expensive at the time and gets destroyed in Multicore (think my CPU gets around 25000) but I was still hoping for more. I'd definitely be interested in AMD's offerings if I was going from a 4 core 8 thread CPU
today.

OcUK Staff
Its kinda reason i love watching what @8 Pack posts. Why Would He or me care what some reviewer from wherever says when We can test stuff ourvelfs and have fun while doing it ??
Always cool to exchange views findings ect like we do allot on OCN forums. Sometimes someone finds a tweek that no one else would figure out. How many times we asked Asus about given bios option just to hear WE DONT KNOW as reply and then testing starts.
Amd sends those microcodes to board vendors and loads of times no one could tell what new options are actually doing and what effect do they have on score and stability.
TESTS TESTS TESTS :)

Footage of something burnign like in my mates RIP PC
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aE23DOM_460svvp9.webm

I absolutely have no fun testing anything......

Associate
Lol worthy, your comparing a heavily oc'd top end $1000 CPU from 2014 against a stock 3900x that was no doubt running on the bundled cooler hahaha

Here let me find you more straws to grasp at for your mock outrage

Your post history in this thread is hilarious, almost as if you was paid to suddenly appear and start naysaying and shouting down...

We get it, you paid over the odds prices in 2014 for an Intel CPU that has been bettered by a £200 CPU 5 years later, it's called progression, the fact the 9900k also betters your CPU but your not whining about that tells me you have nothing to offer this thread except negative attitudes towards what AMD is doing for the market, do you me and everyone else that comes to this thread for decent discussion on what AMD is doing for the industry a favour and just don't bother posting your utter drivel here anymore
If you look at my posting history here and on Anandtech you'd see I've been a consistent supporter of AMD
Lol worthy, your comparing a heavily oc'd top end $1000 CPU from 2014 against a stock 3900x that was no doubt running on the bundled cooler hahaha

Here let me find you more straws to grasp at for your mock outrage

Your post history in this thread is hilarious, almost as if you was paid to suddenly appear and start naysaying and shouting down...

We get it, you paid over the odds prices in 2014 for an Intel CPU that has been bettered by a £200 CPU 5 years later, it's called progression, the fact the 9900k also betters your CPU but your not whining about that tells me you have nothing to offer this thread except negative attitudes towards what AMD is doing for the market, do you me and everyone else that comes to this thread for decent discussion on what AMD is doing for the industry a favour and just don't bother posting your utter drivel here anymore
I see so I'm an Intel shill for being disappointed with how this launch is looking? If you look at my posting history here or on at Anandtech you'll see I've been a consistent supporter of AMD BUT I am prepared to call out disappointing performance. Zen 2 would be a great upgrade at the price for anyone on a 4 core/8 thread CPU.
AMD's CES event implied gaming parity and it's shaping up like this may not be the case. That's what I'm concerned about. If you can't tolerate any critical analysis of what may or may not be a disappointing product launch I'd suggest you return to your bubble and spout propaganda at yourself. Your transparent
inability to be objective demonstrates a juvenile need to be part of some AMD 'tribe' where 'your' champion can do no wrong. Do us all a favour and leave the thread if you can't cope with any views or news that might conflict with your preconceived ideas.

Soldato
Yes its total system power. I suppose the same system was used just different mobo/CPU so it would indicate that it consumes more power, including the X570 chipset. If I remember right X470 uses about 7w, and X570 15w or something similar.

When measuring system load at the wall, you need to consider PSU efficiency also. Therefore at an 80% efficient PSU the actual power used by the system will be approximately 20% less than is measured at the wall socket. PSU load curves will have different efficiencies at different load points also ie 20%, 40%, 60% loaded, this is an inexact test, more a loose comparison even assuming the same PSU on each test machine.

Associate
Nothing a dremel can’t handle. Plus it’s not a good idea to try shoving a 12 core near HEDT sure into a tiny chassis, that’s already restricted on airflow.

Yeah... I'm not sure many people will intentionally vandalise their case like that, aside from the possibility of making a mistake, it totally destroys resale value.

Back
Top Bottom