• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

TrM

TrM

Associate
DPD say my 3900x and Aorus Ultra isn't due until 12ish :mad:

Not working today. Case is stripped with PSU installed waiting for motherboard, even checked the standoffs are in right place. Windows 10 & BIOS USB sticks ready to go.

dpd said my 3900x and msi x570 meg ace will be with me beween 11.53 and 12.53 but unfortantly i have one hell of a tear down on my hard tubed custom water pc But time seems to be going slow now lol

Permabanned
https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1728878-ryzen-3000-memory-fabric-x370-x470-x570.html

Summary

• X370/X470 BIOS is still immature when using Ryzen 3000 (depending on the board)
  • Highest achieved memory frequency was 4333 MT/s on X570, 4200 MT/s on X470 and 3666 MT/s on X370. The results will most likely get closer with BIOS updates.
  • Fabric clock target 1700-1900 MHz
  • Memory latency penalty ~10ns when moving from synchronous to asynchronous memory/fabric clock, which can be reduced by further increasing memory frequency
  • Highest possible fabric clock with memory synchronized (MCLK = 2*FCLK) yields the highest read bandwidth and lowest latency
  • Write bandwidth only scales with fabric clock
  • Copy bandwidth benefits from both memory and fabric clock, and is not hurt much by increased latency
Issues

• C6H 7106: DRAM Voltage at the beginning of POST is always 1.200V which limits the max memory frequency. It's possible to work around by first booting with lower DRAM Frequency and higher voltage, then only increasing DRAM Frequency in steps without the board shutting down.
  • C7H 2406: DRAM Vboot is always 1.200V by default, it can be manually set instead. However the setting is lost after standby power is removed from the motherboard.
  • C6H 7106 + C7H 2406: After failing memory overclocking you get stuck at C5 POST code which never seems to recover. The only way to get back is to clear CMOS.

Last edited:
Associate
DPD say my 3900x and Aorus Ultra isn't due until 12ish :mad:

Not working today. Case is stripped with PSU installed waiting for motherboard, even checked the standoffs are in right place. Windows 10 & BIOS USB sticks ready to go.

12 Isn't that bad, go out and grab some breakfast, read the papers and it'll be here in no time.

Associate
I wouldn't call advertising a cpu with a max boost frequency that can't be reached in any configuration "working as intended". I would understand if that max boost could be reached only on high end x570 at temperatures under 70C etc. But testers literally have never seen clocks reaching boost speed at any load.

Stop putting 4.6GHz label on 3900X then. Overclock is overclock, but stock boost must work

Except some reviewers are hitting 4.6. This guy had issues with the newer Agesa and regressing to 1002 got him 4.6 boost, see the hwinfo shots.

https://www.xanxogaming.com/reviews...w-english-dethroning-the-intel-core-i9-9900k/

Is there a combination of issues with mobo manufacturers / Agesa and chipset drivers that's stopping this rather than the actual cpu. Not need aware of issues with prev gen Ryzens not hitting advertised boosts ?
Amd need to chip in.

Associate
I notice that B350 have no PBO or Precision boost, am I missing out?
On b350 board atm, pbo setting appeared long time ago, first it was just 1 line in bios settings, now the most recent bios got a lot, stages, how far u wanna go +MHz - you name it.But to be honest never understood ppl excitement with pbo, does next to nothing on my pc (hardly keeps all core above 4 GHz with vcore going north of 1.45v on noctua d15s) when you can just change multiplier to 42, ad + 0.2 v offset,keeping llc to medium - it keeps 4.2 all core under load, never goes beyond 1.42v and does downclock itself to around 2.1 GHz under low load.

OcUK Staff
Except some reviewers are hitting 4.6. This guy had issues with the newer Agesa and regressing to 1002 got him 4.6 boost, see the hwinfo shots.

https://www.xanxogaming.com/reviews...w-english-dethroning-the-intel-core-i9-9900k/

Is there a combination of issues with mobo manufacturers / Agesa and chipset drivers that's stopping this rather than the actual cpu. Not need aware of issues with prev gen Ryzens not hitting advertised boosts ?
Amd need to chip in.
I have already said this is not all working correctly at the moment. Ofcourse it will be fixed with time so no need to worry.

Soldato
my 3900x and asus formula board are due between 12:39 - 13:39 same as others got a tonne of work to tear down my loop and then the old stuff out, plus a really good clean of the case and rads, very busy day ahead for me and most ppl who are upgrading.

Soldato
my 3900x and asus formula board are due between 12:39 - 13:39 same as others got a tonne of work to tear down my loop and then the old stuff out, plus a really good clean of the case and rads, very busy day ahead for me and most ppl who are upgrading.

Mines a new loop so nothing to tear down thankfully. But it won't be under water for a couple of weeks, will use the stock cooler to make sure all is OK.

Associate
Mines a new loop so nothing to tear down thankfully. But it won't be under water for a couple of weeks, will use the stock cooler to make sure all is OK.
From 1 side envy you both for putting whole new and shinny in, from the other going to do 1600->2600x->3700x feels really good too. ;)

Soldato
not sure if its been said but what orientation are you putting you cpu waterblocks on as now the new cpus have chiplets which arnt centre i've been wondering will there be a reduction of cooling potential?

Soldato
MEG X570 GODLIKE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset EATX Motherboard

• Socket AM4,3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™,X570 Chipset,up to 128GB DDR4,3xPCIe 4.0
    • 3xM.2 Slots
    • 3x USB 3.2 Gen2,7.1-Channel High Definition Audio,Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax,Supports Bluetooth® 5

Review this product

5 In stock Order within 6 hours for delivery on Wednesday, 10th July 2

£749.99 *

Surely that's a mistake with pricing? Was going to splash the cash from the credit union account on a new x570 and ryzen 3000 setup, when I saw this??? 750 quid for just a mobo??? Surely there's a CPU bundle in that price too?

Back
Top Bottom