*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
This is fantastic. My missus only plays in handheld mode, and she can't wait for Animal Crossing (neither can I...) so this device will work perfectly to our needs, and I'll get my Switch back :)

Persumably it's lighter and has better battery life, which is no bad thing at all.

The yellow one looks the best.

Associate
How much of a difference will the smaller screen have on graphics?

Some games do turn into a blurry mess on occasion, like Wolfenstein and Senua Hellblade, so I'm hoping the small screen will help keep things a little sharper, as the ppi will be a little better right?

Man of Honour
How much of a difference will the smaller screen have on graphics?

Some games do turn into a blurry mess on occasion, like Wolfenstein and Senua Hellblade, so I'm hoping the small screen will help keep things a little sharper, as the ppi will be a little better right?

Some games already have text that is very hard to read on the original screen, this smaller size won't help.

It should help with sharpness a bit though, but you can have the same effect by moving the original switch 5cm further away :p

Associate
Hmm if the screen was bigger and it had a bigger battery then I'd see it as being decent but it has less features smaller screen and still the main problem with the switch in handheld... It's to damn small for normal sized hands they should have made it slightly thicker and slightly bigger to make it easier to game in handheld mode imo

Soldato
It's a good option, probably handy for younger players too. But for me, why not just have the option of using it on the TV just incase, can't see why I wouldn't want to just own a standard Switch.

Associate
I'm in the minority as I only use my switch docked and i cant even remember the last time I used it in handheld mode, I'm just not a fan of the Joycon controls probably because I have fingers like pigs t**s so I always use a Pro controller.
I know it's unlikely now but if Nintendo did release a new dedicated home console (Switch Pro?) I'd be all over it.
I have no doubt that this new Lite handheld will sell absolute bucket loads though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in the minority as I only use my switch docked and i cant even remember the last time I used it in handheld mode, I'm just not a fan of the Joycon controls probably because I have fingers like pigs t**s so I always use a Pro controller.
I know it's unlikely now but if Nintendo did release a new dedicated home console (Switch Pro) I'd be all over it.

That's pretty much exactly my stance as I only ever play my Switch connected to a TV. I'm not particularly impressed with the Switch Lite as it doesn't look much smaller or more portable than the regular model and I'd really hoped for a more pocket friendly clamshell design like the Nintendo DS range.

That's what I see being the problem with this model in that it really doesn't seem to offer much more portability than the regular Switch yet loses so many features including the ability to connect to a television. If you didn't already own a Switch I don't see why you wouldn't just spend the extra $100 and get the full-fat version instead. Likewise, for anyone who already owns a Switch $200 is a lot to spend for a very slightly more portable version of what you already have?

I'm not really sure who the Switch Lite is aimed at? I guess maybe it's it's primarily for kids who want to upgrade from the DS range and only ever use the device as a handheld? It doesn't even seem like a particularly good replacement for the 2/3DS though given $180 is still pretty expensive compared to a 2DS. It doesn't look robust/compact enough for younger children either.

Last edited:
Associate
This is fantastic. My missus only plays in handheld mode, and she can't wait for Animal Crossing (neither can I...) so this device will work perfectly to our needs, and I'll get my Switch back :)

Persumably it's lighter and has better battery life, which is no bad thing at all.

The yellow one looks the best.
The battery lasts 1hr longer so it's still pretty crap tbh
Lasts 4hr instead of 3 (on Zelda)

Back
Top Bottom