*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Now that they've teased us with the Switch lite I'm going to be ****** if they don't release a dpad joycon now. That's the only thing that's missing on the normal Switch in handheld mode.

Soldato
It would be brand new, no need for bundles initially to incentivise sales.

I don’t think the switch had any official bundles at launch.

I think there's a a good chance we'll see a Pokémon edition/bundle of the switch lite. It seems like perfect timing launching what's effectively a Nintendo DS replacement portable console alongside a new Pokémon game.

Soldato
I can't say the battery has ever been an issue for me. I've got a powerbank for flights and long journeys. I think 3hrs is great!

I'm glad you've said the same. I mean, getting three hours out of Breath of the Wild on the go - that's nothing short of fantastic in my eyes.

Now that they've teased us with the Switch lite I'm going to be ****** if they don't release a dpad joycon now. That's the only thing that's missing on the normal Switch in handheld mode.

Agreed - surely that's got to be next...

I dont get this revision.
Cutting a load of features for what will be £30 less if that.

Doesnt seem worth it at all.

It's not marketed at you.

It's more options for more people, and no bad thing. You still have your standard Switch.

The Lite will sell like hotcakes. You'll have the diehard Ninty fans that'll soak it up, and the other core audiences (children/families/younger siblings etc.)

Nintendo are not exactly known for their generosity.

And nor should they be. They know their value and they price accordingly.

Associate
The Switch lite is in theory aggressively priced if you place it against the 3ds XL it proceeds. Iirc I paid 230 for it however, when you compare that a full blown switch that can be had for 270/280 with a game bundled that retails at 40 quid - the 30 quid saving for quite a few decent features being cut doesn't seem so much of a winner...

Shawrey

Associate
The Switch lite is in theory aggressively priced if you place it against the 3ds XL it proceeds. Iirc I paid 230 for it however, when you compare that a full blown switch that can be had for 270/280 with a game bundled that retails at 40 quid - the 30 quid saving for quite a few decent features being cut doesn't seem so much of a winner...

Shawrey

i do agree, for me if i didn't own a Swicth and was going to buy one id be going for the original, i dont see man benefits to the lite but it will sell like hot cakes no doubt. i do think we will see a higher powered pro version soon giving people the choice of all 3.

Soldato
Seems like there's still no Bluetooth audio support, which is hugely disappointing. It remains my main gripe with the console (in handheld mode). The Switch is the sole reason I still own wired headphones...

I imagine the main market for the new version will be parents with multiple children. At £279, buying one console for each child is a bit much. £199 is quite a different proposition, especially once deals and bundles start appearing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom