Stranger Things (Netflix)

Associate
Finished it up today, such a great series! Been recommended Dark to watch also so may give that a go to fill the void before i rewatch S2 and the long old wait for S4.

Soldato
What a disappointment S3 was. Everyone is a caricature. The new characters were annoying. The new bad guys were comic book villains from the worst copy of a bond film. There were more holes than in a watering can.

It didn't know whether it was a teen comedy, or a serious horror show. If Stephen King had a stroke, this is what he would write.

It's been a terrible year for TV so far. Too many shows getting ahead of themselves; GoT, The Handmaid's Tale, and now Stranger Things.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a disappointment S3 was. Everyone is a caricature. The new characters were annoying. The new bad guys were comic book villains from the worst copy of a bond film. There were more holes than in a watering can.

It didn't know whether it was a teen comedy, or a serious horror show. If Stephen King had a stroke, this is what he would write.

It's been a terrible year for TV so far. Too many shows getting ahead of themselves; GoT, The Handmaid's Tale, and now Stranger Things.
Even something as silly as the goo passing through a manhole and leaving a leg behind, just after it squeezing under a door and leaving nothing.
Things like that irk me

Caporegime
Even something as silly as the goo passing through a manhole and leaving a leg behind, just after it squeezing under a door and leaving nothing.
Things like that irk me

You would think someone like cinema sins would have a field day with something like this.

The armed Russians doing checks on the people in the mall. In 1980's America that would cause alarm bells and have the FBI come in a flash.

Soldato
Loving the show still but, wow, they're being sooooooooo heavy handed with the product placement. I can see how they're trying to justify it with 'nostalgia' but it's got to the point that my wife and I are laughing every time and wondering if the product placement actually paid for the entire series or not. The New Coke bit in Ep 5 was just farcical.

Soldato

i agree - watched it in one go yesterday and it started ok but most of the plot points are just too stupid to believe.

Soldato
Oh yeah, totally agree. Especially that one about the portal leading to another dimension. The monster was totally not like any monster I've encountered in real life too.

Nearly made the whole thing unwatchable :rolleyes:

Worst documentatary of the year so far.

0/10

:p

Soldato
Oh yeah, totally agree. Especially that one about the portal leading to another dimension. The monster was totally not like any monster I've encountered in real life too.

Nearly made the whole thing unwatchable :rolleyes:

Worst documentatary of the year so far.

0/10

:p

Are you arguing that because it's sci-fi, the story doesnt need to make sense or to be in any way plausable within the world they create?

Plot points/story beats etc apply to all genres.

I don't quite understand the point you're making and the laughing face at the end...as if you're stating something that ought to be completely obvious to us all...

Man of Honour
Are you arguing that because it's sci-fi, the story doesnt need to make sense or to be in any way plausable within the world they create?

Plot points/story beats etc apply to all genres.

I don't quite understand the point you're making and the laughing face at the end...as if you're stating something that ought to be completely obvious to us all...

He’s saying your taking it way too seriously.

Caporegime
Remember the director's cut of terminator 2 and the T1000 glitching after taking heavy damage? Well, so do the Duffer Brothers.

Surprised me why those scenes got cut out of the movie, it made it more clear as to why when it turned into Sarah Connor why it's legs hadn't fully changed.

Back
Top Bottom