** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK Did you manage to get in touch with the distributor? Just curious whether there's a chance we could actually get our monitors this week.

At 14:51 he told me "Nothing has landed yet"

I requested a priority booking slot at their end and that he keeps an eye out and ships them his end ASAP!

Our Goods In guys know to watch for the stock and book them in as soon as they arrive.

As seems to be so often the case, in the modern era, our fortunes are in the hands of couriers!

I would ask everyone to be patient as its out of our hands for now, but DAMN, if I had one of these badboys pre-ordered I'd be excited too!

Can't say I share your same pessimism, but seeing as my graphics card got delayed too the wait has been easier on me. With Dan he did used to say it would take up to a week from when it arrived at their warehouse to get through distributors to reach OcUK, so I can't see it reaching OcUK later than Monday next week.

The LG warehouse is in The Netherlands, or at least mainland Europe AFAIK. So if they've been arriving at EU resellers earlier this week... there is a chance!

tenor.gif

And we still.dont know the quantity coming, or, the amount of pre-orders, or, when the next batch will come either!?

The quantity coming is not enough to fulfill all pre-orders. If you pre-ordered on the 11th July or before you should receive one in the first batch!

Everyone else currently with a pre-order will be fulfilled when the next production run lands, ETA: September.

Associate
Thanks Nik!
Would you be able to explain what you mean by "priority booking slot"? And what sort of time frame are we looking at between being shipped from the distributor to being sent out from OcUK?

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks Nik!
Would you be able to explain what you mean by "priority booking slot"? And what sort of time frame are we looking at between being shipped from the distributor to being sent out from OcUK?

Distributors, like ourselves, have multiple shipments arriving daily from different vendors, who use different couriers. When they deliver it's X boxes or X pallets of goods. These boxes or pallets need to be broken down and each item counted and given a unique identifier before it is "booked in" to the inventory. We accept X boxes or X pallets and then book the stock in in turn, usually by date received but each SKU could be prioritised due to pre-orders, value etc.

By requesting a priority booking slot I'm hoping this SKU can jump the queue!

Associate
Hi All,
The stock was booked with the distributor today but they unfortunately refused it. I'm trying to get this re-booked with them ASAP. As soon as we have a slot confirmed I will let you know.
Once distribution have the stock it will be next day delivery to OCUK

Associate
Definitely not tomorrow as they haven't given us a slot yet. My logistics team are aware how urgent these are so they are trying to secure a slot for as soon as possible.
I will keep you all posted.

Associate
Guess that means we won't be getting it this week. Can't believe it got delayed just to be refused by the distributor, but that's Murphy's law I suppose.
At least we're not in the dark now, and it's the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend, so it definitely could be worse.

Associate
It seems by initial impressions the LG is at least on par with the likes of the ASUS with its second fastest OD setting (fast) for response time without visible overshoot, it will just be interesting to see if with a G-SYNC module in the 38GL950G it'll be tuned to make use of its fastest OD capabilities (fastest setting) without the overshoot present on the 27GL850 when it uses it.

Smart thinking there, so yeah that will be very interesting. If so I maybe going UW :D
A 38 UW would be frikking awesome I can imagine, and something I would consider upgrade for (if money aint an issue) and just keep my 27 PG279Q, for work and such :)

Associate
Hopefully a good amount of them come in :). Hearing that I'll need to wait until September >.< Should have ordered way earlier. I take it that there's a rather lengthy queue then? ;)

Back
Top Bottom