• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Associate
God Im so glad I went for the 3700x. this delay is wild.
I got shipping mail today morning :). Thanks Overclockers, really appreciated.

I really blame AMD for not resolving this issue till now. It seems they are shorting the supply for 3900x to keep some demand room for other ships like 3950x or lower.
I was monitoring most retailers online stores since the launch day, and each time there was a stock it disappear in minutes (not even hours).

TrM

TrM

Associate
I got shipping mail today morning :). Thanks Overclockers, really appreciated.

I really blame AMD for not resolving this issue till now. It seems they are shorting the supply for 3900x to keep some demand room for other ships like 3950x or lower.
I was monitoring most retailers online stores since the launch day, and each time there was a stock it disappear in minutes (not even hours).

I don’t think amd expected the sales they had of the 3900x they produced a fair few for launch and retailers did have stock on launch day some I think gibbo said they had a couple of hundreds units first few days.

And have recently always been seen as the budget option and amd market resource would have showed the same.

Now I can’t say about binning etc but since the 3900x is 2 x 6 core chiplets they couldn’t bin them for the 3950x if anything the 3800x would have been the one to be out that was impossible to get hold of if binning was a reason.

But amd have done well to keep the stock coming into places like ocuk and there has been regular updates and deliveries . Intel 9900k was a lot worse at there launch with even less units being shipped and sold. But both amd and intel need to do better when they launch a new processor and make plenty of stock available to sell of all there range.

But also let’s hope that since stock levels are going up again the price will come back down on this amazing processor I was lucky I ordered mine on launch day and got it on the Tuesday 11th of July and I love my cpu and I hope everyone who has ordered or going to order get there’s soon

Associate
I don’t think amd expected the sales they had of the 3900x they produced a fair few for launch and retailers did have stock on launch day some I think gibbo said they had a couple of hundreds units first few days.

And have recently always been seen as the budget option and amd market resource would have showed the same.

Now I can’t say about binning etc but since the 3900x is 2 x 6 core chiplets they couldn’t bin them for the 3950x if anything the 3800x would have been the one to be out that was impossible to get hold of if binning was a reason.

But amd have done well to keep the stock coming into places like ocuk and there has been regular updates and deliveries . Intel 9900k was a lot worse at there launch with even less units being shipped and sold. But both amd and intel need to do better when they launch a new processor and make plenty of stock available to sell of all there range.

But also let’s hope that since stock levels are going up again the price will come back down on this amazing processor I was lucky I ordered mine on launch day and got it on the Tuesday 11th of July and I love my cpu and I hope everyone who has ordered or going to order get there’s soon
I agree with you. I hope they have no issue in future releases.

Associate
The delay helped with the decision just to pick up al of the parts for a new build over ‘Black friday’. Presume it’ll be widely available then with hopefully deals on other parts I want.

Associate
Pretty much all of them, there maybe a handful left over so pre-ordering now stands a chance, but if not more should arrive next week anyway.

Hope my RMA shows up in time today and I get a replacement from the handful that's left :eek: (Fingers crossed).

Back
Top Bottom