• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Associate
fyi i did get the same behavior on first boot whilst the memory training happened, but eventually it allowed me to proceed after what felt like forever but was likely a few minutes, hopefully the next board will work fine for you. :)

Thanks. I dont think it was impatience. I left it for 30 minutes or so just to be sure it wasn't just a really long boot.

Associate
Thanks. I dont think it was impatience. I left it for 30 minutes or so just to be sure it wasn't just a really long boot.
It was for your next board when you get it, cause it threw me to. i had a sigh moment, thinking ah ive got memory issues (4 sticks of 3200) but actually it wasnt, it just took a few minutes for it to finally boot. :)
turns out i had less issues with 4 sticks on the 3900x than the 6700k it replaced.

Associate
Did anyone who ordered after the 24th get a shipping confirmation? Mine was purchased on another account I can't access so I can't see if mines shipped :(

Associate
Did anyone who ordered after the 24th get a shipping confirmation? Mine was purchased on another account I can't access so I can't see if mines shipped :(

I didn’t order after the 24th, but I ordered very late on the 22nd (15 minutes to midnight) and got mine shipped today. So if you didn’t get it shipped you must be very close to the top of the list now.

Soldato
Worthwhile upgrade from my 4790k? Been holding off for ages, mainly a gamer. If so which board and ram to pair with it?
B450 is popular with b die ram still for simplicity

You should see a good rise in minimums and improvements in average FPS depending if your GFX is better than 1080.

Permabanned
Out of interest @Gibbo, is it your belief that the same supply issues may exist for the 3950x when that is released ? Or, do you think that current 3900x supply issues may be being caused by binning for the 3950x ?
I think It's separate bin altogether. When 3900x is best from 6 core chiplets and 3950x should be best bin from fully working chiplets. Would make seance with it having 100mhz max boost higher than 3900x. Like best of best Chiplets they have deal. I'd deffo spam that buy button asap if i was after one like i did with 3900x i would not be surprised if situation with 16 core is worse than 12 core :/
Just think how many people skipped 12 core including Yourself just to buy 3950. On my small Polish forum got 2 people that planned 12 core till 16 core got announced and decided to wait. Also bioses will be better by then.

It's fantastic deal for 16 cores when You need them.

Associate
I was lucky found a place with these on Sunday and ordered Monday morning and about an hour after the priced went up £50 gheez these must be in demand, so i'll be having fun building this over the weekend.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I think It's separate bin altogether. When 3900x is best from 6 core chiplets and 3950x should be best bin from fully working chiplets. Would make seance with it having 100mhz max boost higher than 3900x. Like best of best Chiplets they have deal. I'd deffo spam that buy button asap if i was after one like i did with 3900x i would not be surprised if situation with 16 core is worse than 12 core :/
Just think how many people skipped 12 core including Yourself just to buy 3950. On my small Polish forum got 2 people that planned 12 core till 16 core got announced and decided to wait. Also bioses will be better by then.

It's fantastic deal for 16 cores when You need them.

I don’t think the 16 will be very popular in the mainstream market and gamers which makes up for a lot of the Sales on ocuk and other places. I think the price is to high for a main stream cpu but cracking value for devs and professionals etc though .

I think the price will just put a lot of people off. I personally think it’s the right price for what it is but when the 6 8 and 12 core being so close in single score and gaming etc the 16 core is in a hard place . But like everything I could be wrong I didn’t expect the 12 core to be as in damand as it is lol

Permabanned
I don’t think the 16 will be very popular in the mainstream market and gamers which makes up for a lot of the Sales on ocuk and other places. I think the price is to high for a main stream cpu but cracking value for devs and professionals etc though .

I think the price will just put a lot of people off. I personally think it’s the right price for what it is but when the 6 8 and 12 core being so close in single score and gaming etc the 16 core is in a hard place . But like everything I could be wrong I didn’t expect the 12 core to be as in damand as it is lol
Well no normal person would buy 16 core chip for gaming... I do some video production ect thats why i got 12 core but for me 16 is overkill :D I's sure demand will be on pair with 3900x if not bigger :D It's something people from X99 platform can jump on to and 1st gen 12 core TR.
Remember It's plug and play :D

TrM

TrM

Associate
Well no normal person would buy 16 core chip for gaming... I do some video production ect thats why i got 12 core but for me 16 is overkill :D I's sure demand will be on pair with 3900x if not bigger :D It's something people from X99 platform can jump on to and 1st gen 12 core TR.
Remember It's plug and play :D
It is marketed as a gaming chip etc from amd I use my pc for work and cad and some video editing etc so I went for the 3900x myself the 3950x for me even though I think the price is good just is to much for me also for the work I do.

but that’s why I think the 16 core won’t be as popular as the 12 core it’s just in a weird place price.l cores etc for main stream but it will have it place and can’t wait to see the review of it it might make me go for a 16 core 4000 series hehe

Back
Top Bottom